Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Lariat Power Fold problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Lariat Power Fold problem

Took delivery of my 2011 Screw Lariat last night. Power fold mirrors not responding. Looked up reset procedure but, thats not the problem. Anything I'm overlooking before I bring it in?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:21 PM

You might not have power fold mirrors? mine has the switch, it's a '10 lariat, but it's not equipped with PFM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 PM

Yeah that was my first thought, so I checked the window sticker - it's on there. And looked up the build sheet, it's part of the Lariat Plus pkg for 2011
Old 12-11-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 144 Likes on 42 Posts

Take it in, and have the dealer make it right.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:32 PM

Copyman, I ordered my 11' with the Lariat plus package as well. The folding mirrors were a huge factor as I used this feature on my GMC twice a day (I pass through 2 narrow underpasses that always seem to have broken mirror parts near them at least once a week). I hope ford didn't decide to skip out on that option last minute.
I can't say as I'm really happy with that light colored wood in the pics on their website. When I ordered back in October, I was under the impression that I was getting the dark colored wood with the Black leather interior.

I'm curious as to how you make out with this........BTW, how does the lighter colored wood actually look for real? Did you get a 5.0? Thanks and congrats on your new truck.

PS, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by JB1SNOWMAN
Copyman, I ordered my 11' with the Lariat plus package as well. The folding mirrors were a huge factor as I used this feature on my GMC twice a day (I pass through 2 narrow underpasses that always seem to have broken mirror parts near them at least once a week). I hope ford didn't decide to skip out on that option last minute.
I can't say as I'm really happy with that light colored wood in the pics on their website. When I ordered back in October, I was under the impression that I was getting the dark colored wood with the Black leather interior.

I'm curious as to how you make out with this........BTW, how does the lighter colored wood actually look for real? Did you get a 5.0? Thanks and congrats on your new truck.

PS, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive.
The control stick clearly says fold on it , so I'm thinking it's there. It must be a relay and I will have it checked out. I got a black on black and I was expecting the darker wood as well. But the lighter wood is growing on me. I did get the 5.0, and it runs great. I really like the new 4" info display for 2011. One other thing, I expected the 4x4 bed side sticker to be silver colored and it was more of a gold color. I ordered Oct. 20th and took delivery yesterday. Mine came out of Dearborn
Old 12-12-2010, 07:34 AM

That's ironic, I ordered mine Oct. 20 as well. Hopefully the lighter color wood grain is not so bad as I was under the impression the the dark wood was what I was going to get and thought it would be a very "rich" look with the black leather. Hopefully, if I don't like it Ford will work with me on swapping the panels to the dark ones, if not, I wouldn't have a problem cancelleing the order on the truck.......it would be a shame to do so after all this time waiting though.
This will be my first Ford and I am/was excited as hell but that light wood just might be the deal breaker.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2011s have not arrived in my local area yet. Really excited to drive the EcoBoost and 5.0, wish they would hurry up !

CopyMan303, you indicate you got the 5.0 and liked it (so far). How's the updated tranny feel mated to the 5.0? In my 2010, the tranny has been the only disappointment, so curious what your initial impressions are?

Happy Holidays !!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by HogFan
The 2011s have not arrived in my local area yet. Really excited to drive the EcoBoost and 5.0, wish they would hurry up !

CopyMan303, you indicate you got the 5.0 and liked it (so far). How's the updated tranny feel mated to the 5.0? In my 2010, the tranny has been the only disappointment, so curious what your initial impressions are?

Happy Holidays !!
So far (only 75 miles) the tranny feels smooth, and shifts fine, I haven't used the manual mode yet, but will check it out in a day or two. I have a test drive on the EcoBoost on Wed., they are bringing a vehicle to my workplace. I originally signed up thinking I would have the Eco test drive before I received my truck and I might get additional rebate(coupon) money... but oh well. It will give me a good comparison between the 5.0 and the Ecoboost. I will say that I had the 5.4 in an older Expedition and it was tight to work on, I was surprised how much room is in the engine compartment on this truck.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Copyman, I'm looking to pickup a new F150, and am deciding whether to wait for the 2011's or get a leftover 2010... keep us posted on the performance of the 5.0.... how was the pricing on the 2011... did they haggle with you, or did pay a premium?

Quick Reply: 2011 Lariat Power Fold problem