Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 FX4 which color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2011 FX4 which color?

I know this is stupid and the color of the truck should be easy to pick but I'm stuck!!! I'm placing an order for a 2011 fx4 and can't decide between the red candy metallic or the black... I like the red because it's different and wont show scratches as much because I use my truck to hunt and fish. I'm concerned that I will get tired of it because it's kind of a loud color. I generally think black looks better but I'm concerned with the scratches. I know gravel roads will be chipping paint and tree branches will give me long scratches down the side. I've had a black truck before and when I sold it told myself I wouldn't get another, but they look so good when they are clean!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Black! The new tuxedo black is metallic so it's not as dramatic with scratches etc than the solid black paint from previous years. I spend a few hours twice a year hand washing and waxing the truck. For the rest of the year I take it thru a car wash for 5-13 bucks depending on what level wash I want and it still looks new (although it's only 10 months old but you get me).
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I'd also have to agree with Black. At first, when the dealer told me that he found a Platinum with all of the options I wanted, but it was in Tuxedo Black, I was hesitant,,, until I saw it! The metallic texture is fantastic!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Black...
Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Tuxedo Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's definitely a personal thing so if you prefer Red then go with that. I've seen some nice red trucks.

That said, as you can tell from my truck, I'm with everyone else. Tuxedo black all the way.

I just washed/waxed my truck this last weekend and it looks better than new

Now I'm not hunting/fishing so I won't be getting as many of the scratches you say, so you'll have to judge that on your own.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Black all the way...but that's just me.
It really is a personal choice.

I too told myself I would never own a black vehicle, now my FX4 is the third black vehicle I have had in a row.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:31 PM

Thats true I forgot that it's got that metallic paint but it makes sense that it would help with the small scratches. Thanks guys! Still don't know what I'll do but that helps a lot!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Alright I'm gonna be a little different here and stand up for red. First of all, the metallic flake that is in the Tuxedo Black color is also in the Candy Red Metallic (hence the name) color, so that shouldn't swing you either way. And for the record, the metallic looks amazing glinting in the sun. Personally, my first color choice was Candy Red Metallic with the Pueblo Gold two-tone, and I am extremely happy that that's the color I got. I get compliments every where I go, literally, and one of the first things out of people's mouths is that they love the color. Black (just one-tone) would have been my second color choice. One of the main reasons I love my color truck over the black is because there are tons of black trucks around everywhere. Basically, if you're truck isn't white, it's most likely black. I like the fact that mine's a bit different and when you see it you actually see it instead of just looking past thinking there's just another black truck. Another reason I like it is because I've heard (never owned a black vehicle personally) that they're a pain in the butt to keep clean. I washed my truck every 3 days for the first month I had it because I was trying to keep it clean as possible. I have gotten away from that the last few months because I've been busier, but I would have drove myself crazy with a black truck lol. Personally, I think both are great colors, and you will most likely be happy with either. If you're going to look for a truck on the lot (when they actually arrive), then just find a truck with exactly what options you want and if it happens to be red or black, don't worry too much about which. However, if you're going to be custom ordering it, then maybe swing by a dealer and check them out in person. Try to visualize the colors/your truck, and see which one seems like it would fit you better. Good luck
Old 10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Tuxedo Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can always look online as well (although not as good in person) to get an idea. The Ford site has a pic with the truck and you can click on the colors where the image will change.

cegan, I think you're truck looks great. Only problem for me is that I'm a die hard Raiders fan and seeing Red/Gold on a truck is just too 49'er-ish for me.

That said, football wasn't actually a factor in my Silver (Chrome) and Black baby. It just worked out that way
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

garaged - black
parked outside - white/silver

Quick Reply: 2011 FX4 which color?