Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150XLT Super Crew Center Seat Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Question 2011 F150XLT Super Crew Center Seat Removal

I need to remove the center seat so I have some elbow room and to make a new center console. Is it possible to remove the seat but leave the pedestal and power outlet inplace and build my new console on top of it?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes. It is easier to remove the seats to access the bolts holding the jump seat in place. The power connector unplugs under the seat and the base mounting remains. I Tried to remove the bolts when I replaced my jump seat with an oem center console, but found it necessary to get the seats out first. What sounds like more work is actually less.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:54 PM

Received 518 Likes on 283 Posts

I removed my gray jump seat and replaced it with an OEM console. The nice thing about the Screw is there is plenty of room to work with. I was able to unbolt the seats and lay them back or move them forward to get the access I needed to remove the jump seat and install the console without removing the seats from the truck. A little less wear and tear on my back was much appreciated.

Then, of course, time came to trade in the truck, so I put everything back like is was and ended up buying a similar truck with a console, which I took out and replaced with the first console since I had a Console Vault in it (I didn't have to unbolt the seats for that exercise). So, now I have a new OEM console in my attic in a box.

One of the best mods I ever made. I like having the console for storage, but I also like having a means of locking up the console. Also, the jump seat didn't do anything for the looks of the interior and it lacks any real storage capabilities. Never used the jump seat for seating.

Last edited by rohada; 03-03-2014 at 09:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (03-03-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Farmerdan
I need to remove the center seat so I have some elbow room and to make a new center console. Is it possible to remove the seat but leave the pedestal and power outlet in place and build my new console on top of it?
Guess I need to rephrase my question. I just want to remove the top portion of the seat that folds up and has the head rest on it, then remove the pad from the bottom portion. That should leave a solid base for a new console. I just can't see how the plastic on the side comes off to expose the bolts.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:31 AM

Received 518 Likes on 283 Posts

If you can figure out how to do what you want done, come in under $300, and maintain an OEM-look to your apparatus, you may well have a cottage industry on your hands. Replacement OEM consoles go for $300 up to over $500 on eBay. Those OEM consoles have the cigarette adapter power outlet on the back. I assume that is what you meant by power outlet, versus a 115V AC outlet. Either way, I wish you well in this endeavor. I've never heard of anyone doing what you are attempting. Good luck to you.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Sitting in the drivers seat and looking at it don't look like too much of a job if I can get it out. Once the weather gets a little warmer I'll get out the camera and tear into it. Hardest part will be getting the stock jump seat out of the cab
The following users liked this post:
MHPrior80 (09-13-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:42 AM
NH F-150

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

lets see some pics when its done!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:30 AM

Getting the jump seat portion out wasn't bad. One electrical connector and 4 bolts. I used a 1/2" deep well socket for the bolts, unhook the harness and it lifted right out. 4 different size torxs bolts to get the top and bottom seat cusions off. Now I have a nice platform to work with. I'll start drawing up my plans while I wait for the weather to warm up enough to get out to my wood shop and make the new center console. Once finished I'll paint it to match the interior. Should look real nice since I can plan the layout of it myself.

Here are pics of it with the seat portion removed.
Attached Images   
Old 03-06-2014, 01:49 AM
F150 Forum

Received 350 Likes on 285 Posts

I had the exact same combo u did and traded it in for some black leather and a custom Raptor console.. It was sooooo worth all of the hours of work. Good luck with yours, im very curious to see what you come up with

Quick Reply: 2011 F150XLT Super Crew Center Seat Removal