Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 Lariat Won't Crank

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 F150 Lariat Won't Crank

I found no posts outlining the issue that I've experienced. 2011 Lariat with computer assisted crank and factory remote controlled start.
-I hit the key and it cranked for a split second and stopped, then would not crank again
-Then i tried to start with the remote start and it fired right up. The problem was, the ignition switch didn't recognize that the truck was on.
-Tried again to start with key, and got nothing.
-Tried again to start with remote control and could only hear a click under the hood after the honk of the horn.

Seems like an issue with the truck not recognizing the key??? Anyone else with similar experiences?

Thanks in advance for helping the newbie member.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Burris
I found no posts outlining the issue that I've experienced. 2011 Lariat with computer assisted crank and factory remote controlled start.
-I hit the key and it cranked for a split second and stopped, then would not crank again
-Then i tried to start with the remote start and it fired right up. The problem was, the ignition switch didn't recognize that the truck was on.
-Tried again to start with key, and got nothing.
-Tried again to start with remote control and could only hear a click under the hood after the honk of the horn.

Seems like an issue with the truck not recognizing the key??? Anyone else with similar experiences?

Thanks in advance for helping the newbie member.
Hi Adam Burris,

Welcome to the forum! Have you had any luck getting your truck to crank? If not, you can always reach out to your dealership to look into towing options so they can diagnose this. What's the truck's current mileage?

Crystal
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Truck Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Unfortunately it can be a wide variety of issues (starter, battery, BCM). Only real way to know is get it towed and have the dealer trace where in the electrical system the failure is.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (08-06-2014)

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Lariat Won't Crank