2011+ 55-60mph 5.0 Shuddering and EcoBoost Engine Miss/Loss of Power - Possible Fixes - Page 209 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
Log In 


2011+ 55-60mph 5.0 Shuddering and EcoBoost Engine Miss/Loss of Power - Possible Fixes

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #2081
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,225
Thanked 372 Times in 267 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboFx4 View Post
Hope the dash doesn't crack
Id rather the dash crack than the truck abruptly shut off while accelerating and or shuddering at highway speeds, or my personal favorite the unrepairable acceleration from a stop shudder.
__________________
2011 FX4 Luxury SCREW EcoBoost 157" WB Charter member of both the 55 MPH and 5 MPH SHUDDER club
BucketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #2082
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tollhouse, Ca
Posts: 135
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayandsam09 View Post
What kind of mileage are you getting with the new ram? Which truck/engine did you get? Overall happy?
My day to day driving is different than most peoples in that I live in the mountains. Most of my driving is up and down hills with about a 90 mile round trip to town. I get around 14.5-15 mpg doing that. Only been on one trip and I got 17-17.5 driving 70-80 mph. I'm getting about 1 mpg less on both ends than I got with my F150. Both trucks are 4x4 CC.

I got the Ram 1500 4x4 Sport CC with the 5.7 hemi 390HP and 407ftlb torque. The Ecoboost had more bottom end but the Hemi comes on strong when it hits it's tourqe band. I've been real happy with it so far. Initially I wasn't so sure about the styling but it grew on me very fast and now I like it alot. The Sport is comparable to the FX4 in features.
Honestly if I'd gone with my instincts in the first place I'd have bought a 5.0 instead of the Ecoboost and would probably still have it. But after what I went through if I ever buy another truck I most likely won't be looking at Fords. The dealer offered to make me a smoking deal on a new 5.0 but I just couldn't get the bad taste out of my mouth.

To the poster with the dash cracking concern I'd heard of that before in the earlier years but they seemed to have gotten it taken care of. My truck lives in the garage 99% of the time anyway

Last edited by OlderThanSand; 11-11-2012 at 03:08 PM.
OlderThanSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #2083
Senior Member
 
f150man3.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ontario
Posts: 906
Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanSand

My day to day driving is different than most peoples in that I live in the mountains. Most of my driving is up and down hills with about a 90 mile round trip to town. I get around 14.5-15 mpg doing that. Only been on one trip and I got 17-17.5 driving 70-80 mph. I'm getting about 1 mpg less on both ends than I got with my F150. Both trucks are 4x4 CC.

I got the Ram 1500 4x4 Sport CC with the 5.7 hemi 390HP and 407ftlb torque. The Ecoboost had more bottom end but the Hemi comes on strong when it hits it's tourqe band. I've been real happy with it so far. Initially I wasn't so sure about the styling but it grew on me very fast and now I like it alot. The Sport is comparable to the FX4 in features.
Honestly if I'd gone with my instincts in the first place I'd have bought a 5.0 instead of the Ecoboost and would probably still have it. But after what I went through if I ever buy another truck I most likely won't be looking at Fords. The dealer offered to make me a smoking deal on a new 5.0 but I just couldn't get the bad taste out of my mouth.

To the poster with the dash cracking concern I'd heard of that before in the earlier years but they seemed to have gotten it taken care of. My truck lives in the garage 99% of the time anyway
So maybe you should be on the ram forums........not trolling around here.....JK. Good luck with the ram. Great looking truck imo.
__________________
2011 XLT ECOBOOST
f150man3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #2084
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 60
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 4000+ miles since Ford re-purchase

Well, its been over 2 months since Ford repurchased my 2011 ecoboost.
My 2012 5.0 has been purring along for over 4000 miles without incident.
Warranty transfer and double payment issues finally resolved...

I'll keep checking in since I am still routing for a fix. That motor pulled hard. They will have a huge advantage over the competition when the bugs are worked out (eventually).
clexell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #2085
Senior Member
 
PoneyXpres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 143
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerTexan

And those of us in the 'Ford' camp know that Dodge hasn't built a good transmission in, well, never... their laundry list of problems is miles long and many more concerning than the issues posted here. As many have said, there are thousands more trucks running perfect ... Top 10 Best-Selling Vehicles for 2011, #1 is F150. In aug 2012 F150 sales = 58,201 ; by comparison Ram sales = 25,215. Not trying to start a flaming war or a Ford vs any other brand pissing match. Just trying to keep the sky is falling, Ford can't build a reliable vehicle comments in perspective.
Building and selling don't equal future reliability. The sky isn't falling, however, it does look like rain later.
PoneyXpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #2086
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Il
Posts: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoneyXpres View Post
Building and selling don't equal future reliability. The sky isn't falling, however, it does look like rain later.
Perspective - 408,656 units sold = more opportunities for issues (187,620 for Ram for more perspective). We realize that selling doesn't equate future reliability no different than 100 postings of the same problem equals a POS. (2012 ytd numbers as of Aug)
FormerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #2087
Senior Member
 
TwinTurboFx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,252
Thanked 107 Times in 98 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketMan

Id rather the dash crack than the truck abruptly shut off while accelerating and or shuddering at highway speeds, or my personal favorite the unrepairable acceleration from a stop shudder.
No problems with my truck.....
TwinTurboFx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #2088
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,225
Thanked 372 Times in 267 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboFx4

No problems with my truck.....
Good for you.
__________________
2011 FX4 Luxury SCREW EcoBoost 157" WB Charter member of both the 55 MPH and 5 MPH SHUDDER club
BucketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #2089
Senior Member
 
jayandsam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 1,946
Thanked 132 Times in 105 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerTexan

Perspective - 408,656 units sold = more opportunities for issues (187,620 for Ram for more perspective). We realize that selling doesn't equate future reliability no different than 100 postings of the same problem equals a POS. (2012 ytd numbers as of Aug)
Ford sold that many ecoboosts?
jayandsam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #2090
Keepin' the lights on!
 
Watt-maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BFE, NM
Posts: 1,756
Thanked 206 Times in 150 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboFx4 View Post
No problems with my truck.....
Don't jinx it!
__________________
2012 F150 EcoScrew 4x4 XLT 157"wb MaxTow
traded
Watt-maker is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.