Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 rear view mirror removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 rear view mirror removal

finally had tints done over the weekend; and had a issue with the mirror for the front glare "strip". they tired once and gave up, said to many have broken and did not want to take the chance. they had the tool for removal ,but no luck. i always get stuff done and was determined to get it off; tried three times with their tool, using as much force that i could get away without breaking it. i'm here in vegas currently 110-112 and glass break much easier when its hot! either way i tried again like 10 times later that evening after the glass cooled with all sorts of crap from my tool box from feeler gauges to screwdrivers, with no damn luck. anyone get it off? i've read in many other threads that it comes off with little effort but im telling you i could not get it off.....

any suggestions other than taking it to dealer or glass shop would be greatly appreciated; such as certain driver or piece of metal. like i said earlier i tried with recommended tool 3x no luck, i thought for sure it would slide right off....

thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The tint shop wouldn't do mine either, I have an 04 but still the basic principal, I tried and tried and tried some more, then I gave up. Fast forward 5 weeks...... I built a ported box for 4 DD 10s and got ride of the 15s and installed that. 3 songs latter it was off lol but I found out there are 2 tabs on the sides you can sorta pry and push off and that should do the trick
Old 08-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Promoted to Elitist Prick

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The tint shop in my town got it on an off with no problems with the tool. So you must try harder lol.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

some have good luck some dont ...the tint shop called ford and they said to leave it alone ..they are taking a chance of breaking the glass even if done properly,cause they have broken 4 windshields doing it themselves ..then when put back on they will rattle around alot most of the time, and i hate rattleing..
Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 AM

yeah seems to be the trend some are easier then others, and i've heard about the rattling once back on, that would drive me nuts! BASS yeah i remember those days, all my mirrors came off; 4 10 / 2 15 back in the days....i was able to get my head up there and did see the tabs, im telling ya i worked that #$#@$ker really hard and really expected something to break, im known for that, but trying to not buy a new mirror or wind shield...
Old 08-30-2011, 03:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

the guy that did my tint was very good... he didnt want to mess anything up ...especially since they didnt have a proper fix for it if it happened
Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my front visor done but what they did was cut a hole open for it. Looks fine. I'd say leave it alone and tint around it.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:23 PM

The tint shop broke my windshield the day after I bought the truck!! I just got it back today luckily the dealer replaced it under warranty. Now im scared to take it back to the tint shop.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Was getting a UV tint on the windshield ( clear ), ripped the glass right from the windshield. Sucks driving around with no rearview mirror. They have a new windshield is on order. Positive side of it is the tint guy can apply the film with it out a new windshield, outside of the truck, on a clean surface, in a clean enviroment.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 70 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Special<K>
finally had a issue . they had the tool,but no luck. i always get stuff done and was determined to get it off; tried three times with their tool with no damn luck. anyone get it off? im telling you i could not get it off.....

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated; such as certain driver or piece of metal. like i said earlier i tried with recommended tool 3x no luck, i thought for sure it would right off....

thanks!
wow i never have used others tools to get it off.
the idea of using metal or a driver to get it off. well the driver better be a cute blond and have d cups!.....................

JK

try some W/D40 or some type of good lube just a small shot to lube it up then wiggle it back and forth (side to side)as you pull on it worked for mine.

Quick Reply: 2010 rear view mirror removal