Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Premium SCREW FX4 Water Issues....

Old 07-31-2010, 04:35 AM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

Angry 2010 Premium SCREW FX4 Water Issues....

First off, I love this damn truck, I bought a brand new 2010 Ford F-150 Super Crew, with all the bells and whistles (except navigation) and yes, I give myself a kick in the *** for not doing it.. I did make sure I had the Sunroof, and rear power slider with defrost & Sat radio. BIG mistake apparently.. back in April of this year..

(btw Max Motors, Butler, Missouri)

Then it begins, within a week of me owning the truck, less than 100 miles, it rains while I am in the house getting ready to go to work. Windows up, sunroof closed, just pissed because the truck is getting water spots now.. I get into the truck and my seat, center console pockets, door pockets, dash pocket, rear seat and carpet are all drenched, now I must admit it didnt just ****, it poured, a good spring storm. I was pretty pissed, take the truck into the dealership and they agree to replace the entire interior down to the headliner & carpet, as well as fix the leaks (sunroof seal, Sat Radio Seal, and Rear brake lamp seal) 2 weeks later after I was given a 2008 Silverado as a loaner, I come pick my truck up. Excited as hell, I finnally get to enjoy it.

2 weeks later...pours...truck leaks, call dealership, and have meeting with owner, about getting another truck, 30 day law in Missouri is up, and I am told I am SOL, and own the truck...fawkkkk!!!!! Agree to repair again. get truck back...fix the leaks...and go home...surely its fixed...

this month 7/28/2010 while at work, it pours and storms like no other....guess what, seats soaked, water in rear view camera mirror, water pouring in from front and rear of headliner.. down back glass, seats, windshield, radio, door pockets and about an inch sitting in my deep dish floor mats....I am pissed, not only is it supposed to be a new truck, but I now have water damaged interior again, a nice must smell on hot days, and fog on my windows every time I get in it when it is warm out. not to mention when I ejected my CD, there was water on the disc.. so now my electronics have been wet. cup holders full of water, door pockets full of water, and today I have some nice black **** growing in my visors (mildew or mold)

I have dried it out, and looked over the interior, my leather seats are all weird looking, truck stinks, radio flickers, steering wheel controls work 1/2 the time and my AC smells like mildew. The seat bolts and tracks have rust on them now... Brand new truck..heh..

I haven't called the dealership yet, and would like to know, what actions can I take against Ford, or the dealership if any to either get into another truck or something. My friend is an insurance adjuster, and I spoke with him, showed him the photos I took of the water in the truck, and asked, what would you guys do if this were to happen? He said most likely the truck would be totaled, water really is hard on the interior of a vehicle, and it is never the same even if rebuilt. No different than if I were to park it in a creek for a bit.... I am assuming something can be done, I have yet to contact FoMoCo about this issue, but, I will be damned if I forked over this much cash on a new vehicle.... to have it filling with water. I also have not spoke to the old dealership again about it...

I am looking for input mainly, I have seen people with some issues similar but not to this extent, the boys at claycomo really missed something or this truck was built on a late friday.

I have water coming in from:

-Rear Power Slider
-Sunroof
-Sat radio Antenna
-Third Brake Lamp

-Firewall (dealer found this when they pulled the dash out, mold was growing behind my glove box...mmmm tasty)

Here are some photos of the truck that the dealer had on the site....

Also, needing a tonneu cover for the truck, does anyone know by looking at the pics, what bed length I have??
Attached Images   
Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 AM

Received 144 Likes on 42 Posts

That's too bad about the truck and the hassle you've had. I'd look into your states lemon law, if yours has one. I think in KY where I live, if the manufacturer has to fix the same problem 3 times, they are required to replace the vehicle. I'd look into this for your state. Also, search for "lemon" in the forum, I've seen some threads in regards to their vehicles having issues, and there's discussions on the resolutions.

I just bought my Screw this past Wednesday, and it hasn't rained yet... I hope I don't have the same problem as you.

...And you have a 6.5' bed.

Best of luck.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is info on the Missouri lemon law. http://ago.mo.gov/publications/auto2.htm

I would tell the dealer you want to make a claim under the lemon law and ask them who to contact. Also look in your owners manual there should be info on who to contact from the manufacturer. I don't know where they got the "30 day" information unless they have some kind of try it for 30 days or your money back policy, because Missouri does not have a "cooling off" period.

Did you get a free gun with your purchase from Max Motors?

Last edited by pig9r; 07-31-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I truly cringed when I read about your situation. Truly awful.

If you haven't already started to, be sure to document EVERYTHING. Take notes of any conversation, receipts for any work, and take pictures and even crappy cell phone video if necessary.

Begin talking directly with Ford, and at a minimum, get an attorney to send a letter to the Ford representative outlining specific objectives to be met that can be measured. Even if you only have the attorney write the letter on your behalf, they will know you have an attorney engaged and are serious about your expectations and not just complaining.

If I were in your situation, nothing short of a replacement vehicle would be acceptable. Understanding of course that objective will take working due process could take some time.

If you have moisture in the electronics and duct work, the long term damage is done, and in my perspective irreversable regardless of how many times they replace interior items. That is a timebomb that may take years to develop.

Good luck, and keep us posted
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 AM
PLATINUM

Thanks for the quick replies guys, taking some steps right now
Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 AM
PLATINUM

Originally Posted by eptesicus
That's too bad about the truck and the hassle you've had. I'd look into your states lemon law, if yours has one. I think in KY where I live, if the manufacturer has to fix the same problem 3 times, they are required to replace the vehicle. I'd look into this for your state. Also, search for "lemon" in the forum, I've seen some threads in regards to their vehicles having issues, and there's discussions on the resolutions.

I just bought my Screw this past Wednesday, and it hasn't rained yet... I hope I don't have the same problem as you.

...And you have a 6.5' bed.

Best of luck.

I wish you the best of luck, I would never wish anything like this upon anyone.

Here is info on the Missouri lemon law. http://ago.mo.gov/publications/auto2.htm

I would tell the dealer you want to make a claim under the lemon law and ask them who to contact. Also look in your owners manual there should be info on who to contact from the manufacturer. I don't know where they got the "30 day" information unless they have some kind of try it for 30 days or your money back policy, because Missouri does not have a "cooling off" period.

Did you get a free gun with your purchase from Max Motors?

I am looking into the Missouri Lemon Law, I know there are loops holes and so forth, just from reading, it looks like as long as it it the same problem 4 times over, I have to get a new one.

As for the gun, heh no....My father is a huge gun dealer already, so the ah factor wasnt there, but as for the dealership it's self, its horrible, I know they have sold alot of cars, but its because they are persistant. I came from the dark side, I owned a 2007 Silverado E Cab I traded in for the new ford. I had it listed on CL for sale, and daily about 4 times, I got a call from a salesmen, are you ready to sell that truck, blah blah blah...and the entire procedure was nothing short of bull****. And both loaners I have had from them have been running on fumes, and been returned by me with a full tank.

Turns out the customer relations line is closed for the weekends...damn monday it is..!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your first and biggest mistake was letting them fix it. You should have demanded a new truck right off the bat. Week old truck that gets flooded with water? It would never be the same and would always have little issues from then on. Now that you let them invest time and money into it, they are going to be reluctant in giving you a new one. I would call the dealership atleast today and tell them if you don't get a new truck your getting a lawyer and talking directly to ford and filing a complaint against that dealership as well.

You paid thousands and thousands for a brand new truck without issues. You have not got one and it will never be fixed to brand new because the water is everywhere in the truck now. Can start rusting and cause mold and it's in the electronics, they would literally have to rebuild the truck and from the sounds of it i wouldn't trust their repair skills at all since they haven't fixed the leak in it twice now

Last edited by frt_man; 07-31-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:15 PM
PLATINUM

Called dealership today, appointment for 3rd repair attempt Tuesday, as well as fresh interior again. 4th repair attempt I am liable for missouri lemon law. I have documentation, as well as high res photos of the water damage from the first couple go arounds and pics on my phone of the rest. As for demanding a new vehicle within a week, you bet your *** I did, however I got a "Remember you own the truck" and "you need to take that up with Ford"

For those of you possibly considering Max Motors, I advise against it. HEAVILY- Deal with the dealership in Harrisonville, Mo. GR MILNER

I will continue on my last repair attempt to stay at Max Motors, just because I know they wont fix it, and my chances of getting this replaced are that much better,after leaving a dehumidifier in my pickup for a day, I pulled out over a gallon of water, and lots soaked up with towels, and shop vac. I also have some dri charcoal things under the seats, tied under the dash and much more. My iPod touch was ruined, and I am "supposed to talk to the service manager when I go in"

I am just sick of dealing with it, not to mention all this **** going on when I have a baby on the way..
Old 07-31-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dykzeulb
Called dealership today, appointment for 3rd repair attempt Tuesday, as well as fresh interior again. 4th repair attempt I am liable for missouri lemon law. I have documentation, as well as high res photos of the water damage from the first couple go arounds and pics on my phone of the rest. As for demanding a new vehicle within a week, you bet your *** I did, however I got a "Remember you own the truck" and "you need to take that up with Ford"

For those of you possibly considering Max Motors, I advise against it. HEAVILY- Deal with the dealership in Harrisonville, Mo. GR MILNER

I will continue on my last repair attempt to stay at Max Motors, just because I know they wont fix it, and my chances of getting this replaced are that much better,after leaving a dehumidifier in my pickup for a day, I pulled out over a gallon of water, and lots soaked up with towels, and shop vac. I also have some dri charcoal things under the seats, tied under the dash and much more. My iPod touch was ruined, and I am "supposed to talk to the service manager when I go in"

I am just sick of dealing with it, not to mention all this **** going on when I have a baby on the way..
When you go in and demand one and dont go any further then the dealership level then you will not get one. You have to go as high up as you can in ford and get the people who have the authority to give you a new truck involved.

Hell im sure if they were to find out your going to write the local paper about what happend with your truck and how they have treated you, they would be more inclined to make you happy. Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster.

Because now if you have settled for them to fix it again, what if they do manage to seal all the leaks this time? Now you still have electronics that have been soaked in water and i doubt they are replacing all the wiring in the entire truck. And later down the road you may finally experience the issues once the electronics start to corrode. Then you have to go through the **** all over again to have them trace an electrical problem which could take MONTHS of going in and out of the dealership to find exactly what has been fried.

It shouldnt have to take for your laws to apply and force ford to do something before you finally get the proper solution to all of this. Besides, this will be the third visit for the same problem, you now have a case for the lemon law, if you let them fix it and they manage to seal the leaks, you just ruined your case for getting a new truck. This isnt a small case of going in three times for a windshield wiper motor, its the 3rd time your brand new truck has FLOODED! You have one hell of a case against ford right now because this is a huge issue with many potential issues that can and will rise later on when owning the truck. Like if you ever decided to sell that, that will be on record under warranty work for that truck now, that its been fixed for water damage 3 times. There goes thousands in value

Last edited by frt_man; 07-31-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice to you if you can get a new truck out of Ford would be to skip the sunroof. I've owned many both Ford and Mercury trucks and suv's with sunroof's over the years. Most of them started to leak within three years. I know many people have owned vehicles with sunroof's and never had a problem. But if your truck is going to be sitting outside daily at work; you risk the chance of the roof leaking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Premium SCREW FX4 Water Issues....