Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Nav Backup Camera Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 2010 Nav Backup Camera Issues

I have read several posts about backup camera issues involving reversed image and image flashing. My 2010 Lariat just started having these issues. Has anyone tried just replacing the wiring harness? I have read several people changing the camera. Is an aftermarket just as good or better than OEM? I appreciate the input so I can make an educated decision without involving the dealer and paying unnecessary money to them.
The following users liked this post:
Dogsluvtrux (09-22-2015)
Old 09-19-2015, 11:52 PM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

There a higher resultion cameras that are direct replacements. I don't know about the cause of your problem
Old 09-22-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a used 2010 Lariat and picked it up last night...this morning dropping the boys off at school, I noticed the image in the backup camera is reversed. Thank God I had my coffee already or it would have been a very expensive day.

Called the dealership and asked about the problem, they told me that I was most likely looking at the reflection off of my bumper, and to bring it in to be adjusted ...I laughed and thanked them for the "help" and decided it would be best to call someone else.

Will replacing the camera (and emblem) fix the issues or is this something in the nav/head unit?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by cekgsk
I have read several posts about backup camera issues involving reversed image and image flashing. My 2010 Lariat just started having these issues. Has anyone tried just replacing the wiring harness? I have read several people changing the camera. Is an aftermarket just as good or better than OEM? I appreciate the input so I can make an educated decision without involving the dealer and paying unnecessary money to them.
Originally Posted by Dogsluvtrux
I just purchased a used 2010 Lariat and picked it up last night...this morning dropping the boys off at school, I noticed the image in the backup camera is reversed. Thank God I had my coffee already or it would have been a very expensive day.

Called the dealership and asked about the problem, they told me that I was most likely looking at the reflection off of my bumper, and to bring it in to be adjusted ...I laughed and thanked them for the "help" and decided it would be best to call someone else.

Will replacing the camera (and emblem) fix the issues or is this something in the nav/head unit?
Hi cekgsk and Dogsluvtrux,

I recommend letting the certified techs at your dealership take a look at this. Pass along the current mileage of your rigs; I'll see how I can help out with those cameras.

Chad

Quick Reply: 2010 Nav Backup Camera Issues