Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mirror Turn Signals

Old 04-03-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 2010 Mirror Turn Signals

I just bought a 2010 King Ranch and noticed the drivers side turn signal on the mirror and one of the leds on the passenger side mirror is not working. Is this most likely the led unit? Kind of surprises me because leds are supposed to last a while. How hard is it to pull these out and put new ones in? I am a little worried if I have to pull the mirror out because the truck has the auto dimming feature.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2016, 12:15 PM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

Default 2010 Mirror Turn Signals

Go through a few different YouTube videos about removing the mirror. Once you are familiar with the tabs that need to be pushed you'll gain enough confidence to remove it successfully. Then it just becomes routine.
As far as the directionals go, once the mirror is off, they area piece of cake to remove. They have tabs on both ends and push out thru the front. Then you simply plug in the new one and click it back in. I'm not 100% sure that they can't be pry'ed out from the front without scratching anything
The best advice I can offer when putting the mirror back on, is to have the motor dead center, not at an angle and push with your fingers in the center of the mirror in a circle the same with as the motor.
I made the mistake of my installing the mirror with the motor a little tilted down so two tabs didn't fully engage and it fell out. Thanks to the heat and dimming wires it didn't fall to the ground.

I also bought oem one's off of eBay for short money.

Last edited by Masi1926; 08-06-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Mirror Turn Signals