Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Lariat Showed Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Default 2010 Lariat Showed Up

Ordered July 16, showed up on August 31, picked it up yesterday.

FYI, the rebates and financing were the same as last month, $2,000 rebate, financing nothing special. This program goes thru Oct. 4.

Got the F-150 logo bed mat, $107, and ordered a Diamondback SE bed cover for $928 delivered, 6.5' bed, including a 10' tailgate gasket set. That is an exceptional price because of a $100 coupon on their website,

http://www.tonneaucovers4less.com/fo...ck-covers.html

Anybody got a bug deflector that they can recommend, that goes the full width of the hood? I've Googled them, but there are so many that I could use some recommendations.

If anyone cares, I originally made the deal at dealers invoice. Then I learned about the X-Plan for stockholders in this forum (big thanks), and I got a PIN. When I looked it up, the X-Plan price was about $125 over dealers, so I never mentioned it. Dumb me. When I sat down to sign paperwork, the order had my dealers invoice price on it, and in small print on the bottom it showed the X-Plan price. I mentioned that I was getting a better price than X-Plan, but when I said that I had a PIN, they told me that while the price goes from $39,313 dealers invoice to $39,431 X-Plan, their $399 doc fee drops to $75. The salesman asked if I would like to do that. Yeah, right!! Pay $118 more for the truck and save $324 on the doc fee. Took me a while to decide what to do,

Hope this helps some X-Plan potential purchasers.

Last edited by All Hat No Cattle; 09-02-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great deal and congratulations.

Yes, I had them down to invoice when they understood I was going to eventually get an X Plan PIN. Yes, the X Plan eliminates add-on fees. For me the X Plan should eliminate a $670 "FDAF Assessment" they tried to hammer me on until I got the X Plan PIN.

Hope to see the new truck, especially with the Diamondback cover. Man, that beb cover looks SOLID -- and it looks good.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed the X-Plan process because of the lack of hassle and the lack of all the silly extra fees. It was worth it just for that IMHO. Good discount with no hassle.

These days the rebates I see listed on the web site - Employee Price + Dealer rebates seem amazing. Does Xplan get you even more discount over and above the employee price?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by canoetrpr
I really enjoyed the X-Plan process because of the lack of hassle and the lack of all the silly extra fees. It was worth it just for that IMHO. Good discount with no hassle.

These days the rebates I see listed on the web site - Employee Price + Dealer rebates seem amazing. Does Xplan get you even more discount over and above the employee price?
I don't completely understand the employee pricing advertised versus the A plan which is for Ford employees.
I got my '04 on the A plan which is for ford employees or family, I had a family member that worked in Ford Corporate. The A plan is not the same as what is advertised on TV as employee pricing. I got a PIN as you did my completely loaded 4x4 scab listed for $39,000, when all was said and done with incentives I paid $31,000. I agree tha is the absolute easiest way to buy.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Received 256 Likes on 146 Posts

Weathertech makes real nice floormats and window deflectors so I'd imagine their bug guard is OK too.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

FWIW, when I asked the dealer why their initial deal was less than X-Plan (not counting the fee break), he said that pricing comes direct from Ford and varies by model and price. The pricier the vehicle, the bigger the discount, usually.

He said that he had seen some come in at less than dealers invoice for X-Plan pricing.

The way they encouraged me to use the PIN suggests that they get some incentive on the back end. The extra $211 they gave me was right out of the dealers pocket, Ford probably makes up for it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lariat Showed Up