Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 f150 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 f150 wiring diagram

If you know what the remote turn on wire is for the 2010 f150 xlt with sync and sat radio, please let me know. Hate to be guessing tomorrow when I continue my install.

I am in middle of installing an amp in my 2010 f150 xlt with sync and sat radio.
Here are the speaker wire colors. I'm not too sure which one is the + and which one is -. The plug is the exact some one as the 08, so I assumed the top one is + like in the 08 model.

LF solid white + white/brown -
LR green/white + yellow/brown-
RF white/pruple + white/orange-
RR brown/white+ brown/blue -
Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the diagram but if you dont have the factory sony amp the remote turn on wire is not there I looked and looked couldnt find anything that would turn the amp on when the stereo turns on so I just use a switched source from the fusebox. If you find a better source post it.
http://www.intyss.com/downloads/2010F150AUDIO.pdf
Old 08-08-2010, 06:22 PM

I ended up using fuse 41 for my remote turn on. (Auto dimming rear view mirror,Door lock switch illumination,Radio accessory delay). This keeps my radio on until I open the door. Used http://tsisecuritycorp.com/TSI_USA_F...s_ATO_ATC.html which made it really easy. I now have 2 of these in my fuse box. One for front sensors becuase I cant park, and one for the amp. Only down fall of those things is they do not allow you to put the fuse box cap back on. Not a big deal since the kick pannel covers it up.

Some random notes that I made for my install. You dont have to take the airbag or thing that covers the speed odometer out to get the 2 long pannels with the AC vents out. The one on the left will come out. The one on the right will not since there is one screw you cant get too. However it flex enough to pull the head unit out. I was at least able to do it without breaking anything. Take that for what its worth. I also found that the screw behind sync is impossible to get too unless you take both pieces out together. I ended up leaving that screw back out in case i need to take the stero out again.

I actually used about 45 ft of speaker wire. My amp is under the passenger side back seat. Little surprised that I used that much. Crutchfield recommended 14 gague wire. I think that is a bit much and their wire is bulky which made the install that much more difficult. I didn't order speakers or amp from crutchfield so I didn't get any of their install tools, but didn't really need them. To run the wire from the door to the cabin, I found a flexible piece of plastic did wonders. I happen to have one laying on my lawn from the people that put the pest defence signs after they sprayed.

Random complaints..
Found it annoying that Ford used that manny different Nut sizes. Could they not have stuck with either 6,7,or 8 mm?
Really disapointed that the back seat of supercab doesn't fold down. No easy way to take out the back seat. Had to cut the carpet to pull the wires out.
Ford also uses plastic screws that don't exactly work. After taking out the passeger seat to run the wires, there was 1 more plastic screw holding the carpet down. Couldn't get that screw out. It was just turning in place and i didn't want to just cut it out

Now.. if i would have gotton speakers that fit, then it would have been a sucessful install. Unfortunately i got some 5x7 where the screw holes don't line up. Ordering new speakers, and hopefully the next ones will fit. Does anyone think it's worth spending 17 bucks to get dynamat for the speakers?

Old 05-23-2011, 08:01 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by F150Lasso
Here is the diagram but if you dont have the factory sony amp the remote turn on wire is not there I looked and looked couldnt find anything that would turn the amp on when the stereo turns on so I just use a switched source from the fusebox. If you find a better source post it.
http://www.intyss.com/downloads/2010F150AUDIO.pdf
Your a lifesaver, I'm wiring my amp tonight and didn't want to pull any doors in the back. You rock!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 PM

i have a 2010 stx. I am not getting illumination to my advent oe head unit. Which wire on the kick panel is for illumination? Is it the voilet/white ?

Quick Reply: 2010 f150 wiring diagram