Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Spr

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2009 Projector Headlights

Just installed these on my truck last weekend hope you all like them

I also installed an electrical cutout on my truck!

Hope you guys enjoy!!

Last edited by Spr; 01-14-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have any front end shots? Do the angel eyes always come on? Will this work if I have an HID conversion?

Been debating this conversion but honestly not a fan of the angel eyes. No offense, but they do look great!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 PM

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Those lights look awesome, and the cutout makes your truck sound great!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the new lights, and price?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Looks great. Nice looking truck.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Loo

Good job man. Just last night I got blinded by some retard with HID on his truck with no projector lamps. I was coming up on the crest of a hill on the highway. I see huge bright white lighting up the sky. I turn off my brights. Obviously this loser doesnt drive highways at night very often and waits until he blinds me at the top of the hill then turns off his high beams.

I know a few members here have HIDs without projectors. I dont agree with it at all because it is dangerous to other drivers. My old car had proper HID setup. I sure miss having HIDs but I'm not going to jeopardize the safety of others for my enjoyment.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 PM

My Touareg has bi-Xenon's on it, and they are self-leveling (with the left aimed slightly lower than the right to not blind people coming the other direction). Not sure about here where I am now, but I seem to remember in Florida you could only legally have the lights if they were factory installed or properly leveled and had a motorized leveler.

Guess I need to check around here before I do something. I have seen people with eBay-type HID's in cars and trucks that were OBVIOUSLY not leveled and after-market and could just imagine being blinded by my truck.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Spr

Originally Posted by Element
Do you have any front end shots? Do the angel eyes always come on? Will this work if I have an HID conversion?

Been debating this conversion but honestly not a fan of the angel eyes. No offense, but they do look great!
Yeah the angel eyes come on whenever you turn on your headlights but if the headlights are off then ofcourse they will go off as well. I will try to take some front end shots of my truck this weekend and post the pics for ya. The lights as you can see in the video are just a plug and play kinda thing so I am believe it should work with the HID conversion kit as long as you have a wire that could connect to the lights then your good.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Spr

Originally Posted by Madrigar
Where did you get the new lights, and price?
I saw this forum, https://www.f150forum.com/f38/led-tail-lights-here-35886/ and just followed the link on that page and looked around for the projectors that I liked and got both of them for $315 before tax and shipping
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Spr

Originally Posted by Loo
Good job man. Just last night I got blinded by some retard with HID on his truck with no projector lamps. I was coming up on the crest of a hill on the highway. I see huge bright white lighting up the sky. I turn off my brights. Obviously this loser doesnt drive highways at night very often and waits until he blinds me at the top of the hill then turns off his high beams.

I know a few members here have HIDs without projectors. I dont agree with it at all because it is dangerous to other drivers. My old car had proper HID setup. I sure miss having HIDs but I'm not going to jeopardize the safety of others for my enjoyment.
Yeah that is why I bought these projector headlights because if i wanted to do it i wanted to make sure that I was doing it the right way. The lights in there right now look like halogens so I am thinking of trying to add a HID conversion kit to it or just add the bulbs themselves. I am not sure yet have to wait and see what is the right thing to do.

Quick Reply: 2009 Projector Headlights