Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 F150 speaker wire colors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 F150 speaker wire colors?

Hi, new here.

I just installed new Polk MM571's in my front doors of my 2009 Lariat Supercrew. I searched and could not find any info on the front door
speakers wiring diagram. I guessed and used the:

Front Passenger Side = white w/purple stripe +
white w/orange stripe -

Front Drivers Side = white +
white w/ black stripe -

I think I got it right ????? Anyone know for sure?

A definite improvement over the stock (non Sony) speakers.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 PM
sig

I don't know if you still kept the factory clips but you can just clip in to them with a set of adapters. You can get them at best buy. That is what I did. All you have to do is clip in the adapter and then plug up the speaker.

That being said if you know one then the rest will be the same. Look for the tab on the stock clip and compare in relation to that tab.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 PM

well, its already done and sounds good, so i think i guessed right.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:26 AM
sig

you can take your factory speakers and test them to figure out which way is which. Put a nine volt battery on the wires connected to the speaker. If you have it - on the speaker to - on the battery and + to + then the speaker will push out. You can then look at the connector that you cut off to figure out if you have it the right way.

The problem if you have it wrong is that you will blow your speaker. So you want to find out before you have to replace them.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Do you have the regular head unit or the Sony? I am thinking about getting the same speakers in my FX4. Does it sound a lot better than stock?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 PM

i have fosgates all the way around
Old 09-08-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by sig
you can take your factory speakers and test them to figure out which way is which. Put a nine volt battery on the wires connected to the speaker. If you have it - on the speaker to - on the battery and + to + then the speaker will push out. You can then look at the connector that you cut off to figure out if you have it the right way.

The problem if you have it wrong is that you will blow your speaker. So you want to find out before you have to replace them.
Don't want to step on any toes here but the idea of blowing your speaker if you hook it up backwards is simply not true. The speaker doesn't care which way you hook it up. You just want to wire all the speakers "in phase". Using a battery (any battery) to see which way the cone moves on the stock speaker and then hooking up the new speaker the same way ensures that all your speakers will be "in phase" and hence will give you a better soundstage and better bass.

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 speaker wire colors?