Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 F-150 FX4 Steering Wheel Button Lights and Auto Window Dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Question 2009 F-150 FX4 Steering Wheel Button Lights and Auto Window Dead

Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with my 2009 FX4 with only 50,000 miles on it. I just recently noticed that two things died right around the same time:

1. The lighted steering wheel buttons suddenly stopped being lit. The buttons still function, but the lights behind them no longer work. I have done lots of research on the forums about this, and have found a few mentions to check fuses, etc. I have checked all relevant fuses, and still did not fix the issue. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get these lights working again?

2. The driver side front window has an auto down button, where it will roll all the way down with one press. This stopped working right at the same time the steering wheel lights did. I doubt it is related, but still the timing is suspect. The window still rolls down, just doesn't go all the way down automatically with one press. Any ideas on getting this working again?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by DaxxRuckus
Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with my 2009 FX4 with only 50,000 miles on it. I just recently noticed that two things died right around the same time:

1. The lighted steering wheel buttons suddenly stopped being lit. The buttons still function, but the lights behind them no longer work. I have done lots of research on the forums about this, and have found a few mentions to check fuses, etc. I have checked all relevant fuses, and still did not fix the issue. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get these lights working again?

2. The driver side front window has an auto down button, where it will roll all the way down with one press. This stopped working right at the same time the steering wheel lights did. I doubt it is related, but still the timing is suspect. The window still rolls down, just doesn't go all the way down automatically with one press. Any ideas on getting this working again?

Thanks in advance!
1. When you checked the fuses, did you use a voltmeter? Sometimes there is a hairline break in the fuse that is hard to detect by sight. And did both of the steering wheel control lights go out, or just one of them?

2. Does the Auto-Up still work? and is the auto feature working on the other window?

Last edited by soaringfalcon; 09-11-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:33 PM

1. No voltmeter, just visual inspection. I did find one was burned out, #10. I replaced it. All steering wheel lights are out, buttons on both sides of the wheel.

2. There is no auto up on mine, just auto down and only on the driver side front window. The window still rolls up and down, its just the auto down stopped working. I don't know if related to the lights or not, but they happened around the same time.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Is your shift indicator lights out too? My floor shifter lights are out too and checked the bulb and it is good. Think they are related. I don't have the window issue you have though.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:32 PM

I'll have to check the shifter lights, I didn't notice those being out. I have the pistol grip shifter in center console.

Quick Reply: 2009 F-150 FX4 Steering Wheel Button Lights and Auto Window Dead