Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" auto spring or rough country leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2.5" auto spring or rough country leveling kit

This question has been asked 1000 times, but I would like to know why you chose the one you did? From what I can tell almost all the leveling kits are about the same, so how does one decide? I have a 2013 charcoal FX4 appearance 4x4, and plan on running the stock wheels. I am between running Goodyear Duratrac 285/60r20's or Nitto Trail Grappler 295/60r20's. I know the Duratracs will be slightly quieter and last longer, but the Nitto's just look bad ***! I live on a gravel road, but 90% of my driving is highway or city mileage, but need a good tire for driving in the fields for hunting. Any opinions or pictures would be greatly appreciated. If I have over looked a brand of leveling kit or tire feel free to elaborate.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default My reason

I choose that exact same AS kit for my truck. I have a coworker who has a hell bent steel kit on his 2013 and his front end hangs up at full compression, and clanks when going over the speed bumps in our parking lot. The AS kit has a built in offset that is supposed to keep that from happening. I did a lot of reading and some say the offset works and some say it doesn't. But I choose to go with the group that says it works instead of the other kits that aren't offset at all. I hope i'm not dissappointed once I get it installed.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:30 AM
New Guy

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

On Friday I installed my Autospring 2.5" complete level/lift kit with the aal instead of the 3" blocks. I've put about 400 miles on the truck since then and have not had any problems out it. I'm going to be putting on some FX4 wheels with probably some 275/65r20 Cooper STT Pro's after the first of the year. You can look in my album to see how it sits now though.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:58 AM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich55016
This question has been asked 1000 times, but I would like to know why you chose the one you did? From what I can tell almost all the leveling kits are about the same, so how does one decide? I have a 2013 charcoal FX4 appearance 4x4, and plan on running the stock wheels. I am between running Goodyear Duratrac 285/60r20's or Nitto Trail Grappler 295/60r20's. I know the Duratracs will be slightly quieter and last longer, but the Nitto's just look bad ***! I live on a gravel road, but 90% of my driving is highway or city mileage, but need a good tire for driving in the fields for hunting. Any opinions or pictures would be greatly appreciated. If I have over looked a brand of leveling kit or tire feel free to elaborate.
in the 3+ years I have been on this forum I have never once heard of any major failure or damage caused by a leveling kit. you really can't go wrong with any of them, although a 3" kit is hard on the suspension components.

I bought an Autospring 2.5" front level/3" rear block on my first F150 because I wanted my stance to be exactly like another member, Dubsesd's 2010 Platinum and that was what he had. I then bought the same kit for my second truck because I was happy enough with the first one.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:11 AM
HTX34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Rough County

I posted a similar post today but I'm looking at possibly running larger tires.

I have a 2013 4x4 and just bought a Rough County 2.5" leveling kit (it's being shipped now). I chose the rough country because of the reviews, cost, and I liked their installation videos on YouTube! Time will tell if I made the right decision.

I'm also planning on running my OEM wheels, but mine are 17". Rough Country's website says their 2.5" system will allow a 35" tire. I'm trying to decide if I can really go that big!

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: 2.5" auto spring or rough country leveling kit