UPR F150 Catch Can installation Pictures and Write Up --- Today --- - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans
Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Vendor Showcase
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

UPR F150 Catch Can installation Pictures and Write Up --- Today ---

Old 08-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
F150 Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post UPR F150 Catch Can installation Pictures and Write Up --- Today ---

UPR Official Update !

Were headed over to Ford to Update some trucks with the new UPR kits
for the 5.0L and Ecoboost all equipped with our latest Upgrades. I just
wanted to share the news and let everyone know that we have already
pre-sold over 100+ Kits as of 9am this morning.

I am personally headed to one of our machine shops to work on a custom
Nickel Tee to make the UPR Clean Side Separator a breeze to install. NICE
Simple Plug and Play Installation.

I will be back on after all our pictures and both installations are wrapped
up. These kits are going to exceed your expectations, as the Quality and
Performance linked to a winning price point were all key factors.

Have a great day and we'll be back soon to share the day !

UPRproducts.com / Joe
Joe@UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 08-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #2

looking forward to seeing this.
rosetowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
F150 Vendor

Update on the UPR Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Can.

I have decided to ship and sell the new UPR Patent Pending Dual Valve Catch Can to give everyone more than they ever expected for a $349.99 Package. This kit is 100% Billet and Stainless construction. It offers incredible performance and great looks all in one package.

- No Plastic Fittings ! - No Drilling ! - Pre-Cut Braided Hose ! - Incredible Performance ! -

Click the image to open in full size.

I will add the write up later this evening.

Also here is the reason we chose not to drill the passenger side vacuum source. A common question with a logical answer.

That is an optional kit we will offering shortly for the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can.

But we have tested it both ways and found that the biggest difference was just scavenging more oil vapor. Our intention is
to deliver a very clean package that everyone can install and get the benefit of the vacuum at WOT. The dual vacuum only
increased the amount of oil vapor we pulled out of the engine. Yes, if you want to say look I captured this much more oil.

Then it's for you, but if you're looking at the benefits then don't expect much.

The reality in the difference in MPG and performance was so nominal it did not make sense to have to drill in to that for the
average enthusiast. If were talking about accomplishing the same thing and keeping the engine dry and great performance
then this accomplishes it without question. Like I mentioned we do offer the upgrade for the passenger side WOT vacuum
modification.

I am sharing the fact that 99% of the end users will never see any more than just additional oil collection. The Mileage and
Performance don't translate to anything beneficial enough to justify the additional work and or modifications taking you
away from a True Bolt-On package.

The object is to make sure you are eliminating positive crank case pressure in every situation. I know this is going to create
some controversy, but the fact is the benefits do not justify the modification.

Joe

UPR Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Can with Clean Side Separator

Last edited by Joe@UPR; 08-16-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
F150 Vendor

I want UPR to be sure and supply our dealers and customers with the Highest Quality in the industry. I had to make
sure the disclosure we filed several months ago was enough to protect our design. After speaking with our Patent
Attorney on the merit of our disclosure we decided to release it.

The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and Clean Side Separator Package includes the following:

UPR Clean Side Separator (Multi-Stage Filtration)
UPR 3/8" Goodyear Braided Hose
UPR 5/8" Goodyear Braided Hose
UPR Billet Hose Ends with Clamps
UPR Nickel Tee Fitting (5/8" x 3/8")
UPR OEM 5/8" Factory Connectors
UPR F150 Dual Check Valve Catch Can
UPR Nickel Fittings and Nickel Drain ****
UPR Adjustable Mounting Bracket (Allows 360 degree rotation of UPR Catch Can)

The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and Clean Side Separator Installation Steps:

1. Remove factory engine cover
2. Remove the factory PCV line from the passenger side valve cover and the intake manifold.
3. Route the two 37.5" and 40" Hose from inside the engine bay under the harness along the battery tray between the radiator to the front.
4. Now locate the air temp sensor and relocate it then install the 1/4" screw in it's place and mount the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can. ( just snug it so it will still move )
5. Now simply install the hose with the check valve on the left side of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can the attach the other end to the intake manifold.
6. Now the other hose connects to the top of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and then to the valve cover.
7. Now the passenger side is complete for hose connections.
8. Remove the factory PCV line from the driver side valve cover and the lower intake tube. ( Install the supplied vacuum plug with clamp )
9. Now connect the supplied hose to the lower intake tube and run it through the front between the radiator around to the right side of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can.
10. Install the UPR Clean Side Separator and once it locks in place keep rotating the housing clockwise till the fitting is facing 5 o'clock when facing the driver-side fender.
11. Now install the 3/8 Braided from the UPR Clean Side Separator to the UPR Nickel Tee fitting and you have just completed the install.

Now start your engine and check all the connections and install the engine cover and your ready to catch every foreign vapor and unwelcome crankcase waste.

We recommend checking your system weekly and cleaning your can every six months to get the best performance.

Thank you and feel free to ask questions, Joe / UPRproducts.com

You can purchase UPR Catch Can kits from the following Dealers

Stage 3 Motorsports - http://www.stage3motorsports.com/201...nce-Parts.html

Eco Power Parts - http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/

MAK Performance - http://www.makperformance.com/

CJ Pony Parts - http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-f150...mpaign=forums/

Last edited by Joe@UPR; 08-19-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
F150 Vendor

Post Also here is the reason we chose not to drill the passenger side vacuum source.

A normal question we wanted to answer.

That is an optional kit we will be offering shortly for the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can.

But we have tested it both ways and found that the biggest difference was just scavenging more oil vapor. Our intention is
to deliver a very clean package that everyone can install and get the benefit of the vacuum at WOT. The dual vacuum only
increased the amount of oil vapor we pulled out of the engine. Yes, if you want to say look I captured this much more oil.

Then it's for you, but if you're looking at the benefits then don't expect much.

The reality in the difference in MPG and performance was so nominal it did not make sense to have to drill in to that for the
average enthusiast. If were talking about accomplishing the same thing and keeping the engine dry and great performance
then this accomplishes it without question. Like I mentioned we do offer the upgrade for the passenger side WOT vacuum
modification.

I am sharing the fact that 99% of the end users will never see any more than just additional oil collection. The Mileage and
Performance don't translate to anything beneficial enough to justify the additional work and or modifications taking you
away from a True Bolt-On package.

The object is to make sure you are eliminating positive crank case pressure in every situation. I know this is going to create
some controversy, but the fact is the benefits do not justify the modification.

Joe

Last edited by Joe@UPR; 08-16-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
F150 Vendor

Quick Installed Shot of the new Single Valve Catch Can on the F150 Ecoboost

(This kit installs the same on the 5.0L F150 just on the lower mount with 5" longer braided hoses)

After we did the install at Ford on the chief mechanics truck. Eric did the install and was absolutely
ecstatic from how easy and professional the kit was overall. Many of the guys that came over to
check it out were asking about kits for their vehicles as well.

We will be completing the install with Eric on an F150 5.0L Monday to get more pictures and details for
everyone.

UPR F150 Ecoboost Single Valve Catch Can Installed
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 AM   #7

Joe are you getting my PMs? Sent you 2-3 with no reply.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
F150 Vendor

Yes I just saw them.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
F150 Vendor

Here is how Clean the UPR Braided hose setup is for the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can.

The kits will all come pre-assembled to make this a 20 minute installation for anyone and even faster if your mechanically inclined. As for all the tools required you will need an allen wrench and 7/16 wrench for the complete installation.

We made it as plug and play as possible !

Joe

UPR Dual Valve Catch Can Braided Hose Package
Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
F150 Vendor

UPR Air temperature sensor relocation to the empty holes on the lower radiator mount on the passenger side.

Pretty simple to unsnap the wires and stretch and relax them in place to be re-mounted as pictured.

The factory has left some nice little features to work with for this install.

Joe

UPR air temp sensor relocation
Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Tags
f150 catch can install