Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Vendor Showcase
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #71
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2011 xlt

I have a full size ipad 2. What are my options and prices to get it in the dash of my 2011 XLT with sync? Please PM me the details, specs and pricing.
Mark35zz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark35zz For This Useful Post:
tko_818 (08-05-2014)
Old 08-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #72
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Would like more information on how this works. Very nice product BTW.
Stika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #73
Fleet Technician
 
Rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Big Easy
Posts: 7,399
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 1,215 Times in 978 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I'd also like more info, specifically how you made the side slider, I am doing a similar mod for Android tablet but a little leery about slicing a slot in the side of the MFT bezel I have. How is the tab held behind the bezel?

Thanks.

.
__________________
2013 XLT S-cab 5.0
Rnlcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 AM   #74
iPad Dash Fabricator

 
tko_818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Thanked 317 Times in 261 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stika View Post
Would like more information on how this works. Very nice product BTW.
The first page has a pretty extensive Q&A.. what else did you need to know? and thanks!
__________________
IN DASH IPAD mod starting at $150! Dozens of members served!

http://www.f150forum.com/f37/ipad-ip...models-252757/
tko_818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:02 AM   #75
iPad Dash Fabricator

 
tko_818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Thanked 317 Times in 261 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
I'd also like more info, specifically how you made the side slider, I am doing a similar mod for Android tablet but a little leery about slicing a slot in the side of the MFT bezel I have. How is the tab held behind the bezel?

Thanks.

.
Sounds like youre talking about the 150$ slider where the ipad mini slides in from the back of the bezel with a slot? The ipad is boxed in with abs plastic and a suede backing so that it slides in and out..
__________________
IN DASH IPAD mod starting at $150! Dozens of members served!

http://www.f150forum.com/f37/ipad-ip...models-252757/
tko_818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:43 AM   #76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tko_818 View Post
The first page has a pretty extensive Q&A.. what else did you need to know? and thanks!
Okay. I'll look again. Thanks.
Stika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #77
Fleet Technician
 
Rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Big Easy
Posts: 7,399
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 1,215 Times in 978 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tko_818 View Post
Sounds like youre talking about the 150$ slider where the ipad mini slides in from the back of the bezel with a slot? The ipad is boxed in with abs plastic and a suede backing so that it slides in and out..

Yes the slider, will it fit an 8" Dell Venue, and can it be used with the MFT bezel? I'd like to see how it's mounted to the bezel if possible, not trying to go into biz just want to make something for my own truck.

If it looks like something I am incapable of adapting, would you make the mod if I sent you the bezel and tablet? I plan to have it where I can just side the tab out and back in easily. It will be wired via ignition feed with usb cable.

.
__________________
2013 XLT S-cab 5.0
Rnlcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #78
iPad Dash Fabricator

 
tko_818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Thanked 317 Times in 261 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
Yes the slider, will it fit an 8" Dell Venue, and can it be used with the MFT bezel? I'd like to see how it's mounted to the bezel if possible, not trying to go into biz just want to make something for my own truck.

If it looks like something I am incapable of adapting, would you make the mod if I sent you the bezel and tablet? I plan to have it where I can just side the tab out and back in easily. It will be wired via ignition feed with usb cable.

.
Heres one to give u an idea.. and yeah I could do it for u if you don't want to deal with it.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
IN DASH IPAD mod starting at $150! Dozens of members served!

http://www.f150forum.com/f37/ipad-ip...models-252757/
tko_818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #79
Fleet Technician
 
Rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Big Easy
Posts: 7,399
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 1,215 Times in 978 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tko_818 View Post
Heres one to give u an idea.. and yeah I could do it for u if you don't want to deal with it.

Ok thanks for the rear view, I'm going to order the slider and see what's what when it arrives and go from there, if I get in over my head I'll contact you about shipping everything out and we can go from there.

Got a link for the $150 slider?

.
__________________
2013 XLT S-cab 5.0

Last edited by Rnlcomp; 08-05-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Rnlcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Anyone know what happened to tko? Been over a month and a half since I ordered my iPad kit finally last week he said he would have it shipped out that Monday and now a week and a day later still nothin? Any other way to get ahold of him? I really want this thing and he told me it would take just a few weeks and now it's been a month and half it's killing me!
F150_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:30 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.