GROUP BUY: Solo Performance MR400 Single 4" Exhaust Kit - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Vendor Showcase

GROUP BUY: Solo Performance MR400 Single 4" Exhaust Kit

Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
F150 Forum

Default GROUP BUY: Solo Performance MR400 Single 4" Exhaust Kit

All of us at Solo Performance are proud to announce and introduce two outstanding exhaust kits for the Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost. It was challenging to get these exhaust kits to sound deep, mean, and aggressive while being non-invasive inside the cabin. The two kits that we developed are a Dual 3” and a Single 4”. Both kits make your Ecoboost “sound like a truck” with a deep American muscle tone without the drone. Special thanks to BoostedFitz and Pongdadong for their help, advice, encouragement, and of course the extended use of Fitz’s truck. Solo Performance is proud to be a part of the F150 community!

Fitment Application: This thread features Solo’s MR400 Single 4" kit. This fits your Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost.

Click the image to open in full size.

Pricing:
  • Solo Performance MR400 exhaust kit with 145” wheel base $698.50
  • Solo Performance MR400 exhaust kit with 157” wheel base $708.50
Group Buy Details:
We will be offering this group buy until the end of March 2012. There will be a maximum of 20% discount associated with this group buy. There will be a 1% discount applied for each person that orders, up to a maximum of 20%. You would have to pay the regular price upon ordering, and a refund check would then be issued in early April. If 20 people or more order, then it would be the full 20% discount. If 17 people ordered then it would be a 17% refund, etc. This will be a combined group buy, with the Eco-Dual kit sales counting toward the 3” Dual sales…and vice versa.

Product Description:
  • This is a 4” mandrel bent stainless steel converter back exhaust kit. It has a deep, bassy, raw American muscle sound that is sure to please the truck enthusiast. With the constraints of the factory converter, the system has to start off at 3” and then quickly turns into the 4” free flow which really opens up the turbos.
  • We have incorporated our Solo J-Pipe in the front section. The J-pipe takes out the drone and trouble RPM ranges and leaves you with the deep muscular sound that this truck is capable of producing. This is all capped off with a T304 stainless steel polished 4 ” rolled edge exhaust tip.
  • This deep performance tone quiets down amazingly well on the highway. At cruise speeds it’s almost as quiet as the stock exhaust.

F150 V6 Twin Turbo MR400 Single 4” Details:
  • Stainless Steel Cat-Back exhaust kit
  • 4” Mandrel bent exhaust
  • Solo J-Pipe included in front section to eliminate drone
  • Completely Bolt-On using only regular tools
  • Solo’s MR400 free flow resonator used as a muffler
  • The system starts off at 3” due to the constraints of the stock converter
  • 4 ” T304 rolled edge exhaust tip
Solo’s “MR400” Single 4” exhaust compared to “MACH-X ECO-DUAL” 3 inch Dual exhaust:
Both of these kits have an incredible deep, bassy exhaust note that makes your Ecoboost sound like the truck it was meant to be. While both systems are deep and bassy, the 4” is a bit deeper. Both the 4” single and the 3” Dual systems sound levels off to a very quiet note at cruise on the highway. Both systems are non-invasive in the cabin, but the 4” single system is more invasive than the dual. The dual exhaust system would be the better system to have for wife/kid approval, while the 4” single system would be tailored to the enthusiast.

Contact Information:
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance Customer Service and Sales
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Last edited by goingsolo2; 03-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.
goingsolo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
F150 Forum

Group Buy List:

1. prime8- MR400 145"- PAID
2. tkfx2eb- MR400 145"- PAID
3. BoostedFitz- Eco-Dual 145"- PAID
4. Pongdadong- Eco-Dual 145"- PAID
5. Jason F.- MR400 157"- PAID
6. turbochad- MR400 145"- PAID
7. shadow637- MR400 145"- PAID

Last edited by goingsolo2; 03-08-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
5 Year Member

Let me be the first to say, both these exhaust sound great!!! Good job Solo. I just wish I was able to purchase the 4" single right now. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until late summer.

Does the J pipe hurt performance either peak horsepower wise or in the torque band?
11FX4EBOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
F150 Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11FX4EBOOST View Post
Let me be the first to say, both these exhaust sound great!!! Good job Solo. I just wish I was able to purchase the 4" single right now. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until late summer.

Does the J pipe hurt performance either peak horsepower wise or in the torque band?
No worries...keep in mind that you will get a refund check for the group buy discount...so if you can swing it, you will save a bunch (could be 20%) by getting it this month.

The J pipes do not hurt performance at all. Only sound waves enter the J pipes.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Boost :)

A HUGE thank you to Steve for putting this together for us. Most places would have just told you to forget about it and not care about you as a customer, but within 2 weeks of an email inquiry by me about making one, they were sending me emails about the progress. I had the G8 exhaust and LOVED it.

Count me in! I will be emailing you Steve here shortly.

Boss Ultimate | ProComp | Toyo AT2's
Unleashed Custom Tuned
Peragon M3 PTM | BedRug
TJPlatinumEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
F150 Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFX2EB View Post
A HUGE thank you to Steve for putting this together for us. Most places would have just told you to forget about it and not care about you as a customer, but within 2 weeks of an email inquiry by me about making one, they were sending me emails about the progress. I had the G8 exhaust and LOVED it.

Count me in! I will be emailing you Steve here shortly.
No problem bud! Thanks for the support and the order. We have 2 orders already
Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
F150 Forum

Already at 4 kits sold...16 more to go for the full group buy discount Give me a call anytime at 516-655-9002 with questions or to place an order.

Steve
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #8

what were the performance gains with the 4" exhaust? I just pulled my heartthrob 4" because the cab drone was horrible when towing, 70mph+ was quit but towing and driving around town sucked. Heartthrob claimed big #'s with there system but customers were only seeing around 15hp and 10fp trq on the dynos. I honesetly didnt really feel anything swapping exhausts.
steve150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
2011 XLT XTR SCrew 4x4 EB

They haven't done any dyno testing. I think sometimes the dyno numbers can be more trouble than they're worth!
As far as towing...for me, if I was to be doing a fair bit of towing, or long trips with a travel trailer...I think the dual is the way to go. It's just quiet enough compared to the single, that it would make the difference to me while dragging a trailer up long grades etc. if I was just tacking a car to the track, it might not matter.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
F150 Forum

Hi guys. We have to agree with Boosted. We've found in the past that Dyno's usually spark way too much in the way of debates etc. We definitely prefer the customers to dyno because then it's not us saying it. Our systems are mandrel bent and free flow and a free flow on the dyno "should" perform very similar to other manufacturers free flow exhausts. The 4" does feel like it has more HP and torque than the dual set up however both feel in the "butt dyno" that there are increases.

Recommendation...In most cases the sound and style of the exhaust is more important to overall driving enjoyment than having a few more HP's with one system over the other. This may not translate over the Solo video so I'll try to explain the best I can. If 20 "normal" drivers were to buy the MR400 Single exhaust there would probably be 7-8 of them saying I wish it were a bit quieter in certain situations. It would be acceptable but not "near perfect" for them in these ranges or situations. The 4" was made for and recommended for the "enthusiast." If the same 20 people were to buy the dual Solo set up there would only be one person that would say it's not "near perfect." The only reason we would have the one is "there's always one." LOL Both systems are deep, mean and a wonderful exhaust note it's just that the 4" has so much volume that it is a bit louder. Both systems do not drone, both systems have no "trouble" rpm ranges. The comments that I'm saying about the 4" should be taken in the context of being "overly critical." We want to give you as much info as possible so that you can make the right decision. We hope this helps.