All of us at Solo Performance are proud to announce and introduce two outstanding exhaust kits for the Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost. It was challenging to get these exhaust kits to sound deep, mean, and aggressive while being non-invasive inside the cabin. The two kits that we developed are a Dual 3” and a Single 4”. Both kits make your Ecoboost “sound like a truck” with a deep American muscle tone without the drone. Special thanks to BoostedFitz and Pongdadong for their help, advice, encouragement, and of course the extended use of Fitz’s truck. Solo Performance is proud to be a part of the F150 community!
This thread features Solo’s MACH-X ECO-DUAL kit. This fits your Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost.
Group Buy Details:
- Solo Performance MR400 exhaust kit with 145” wheel base $746.55
- Solo Performance MR400 exhaust kit with 157” wheel base $756.55
We will be offering this group buy until the end of March 2012. There will be a maximum of 20% discount associated with this group buy. There will be a 1% discount applied for each person that orders, up to a maximum of 20%. You would have to pay the regular price upon ordering, and a refund check would then be issued in early April. If 20 people or more order, then it would be the full 20% discount. If 17 people ordered then it would be a 17% refund, etc. This will be a combined group buy, with the 4” Single exhaust kit sales counting toward the 3” Dual sales…and vice versa.
F150 V6 Twin Turbo “MACH-X ECO-DUAL” Ecoboost 3” Dual Exhaust Kit Details:
- This is a dual 3” mandrel bent stainless steel converter back exhaust kit. It has a deep, aggressive, raw American muscle sound that is sure to please. This dual exhaust kit is slightly more refined than the Solo MR400 Single 4” exhaust. Cold starts with the Dual set up are less intrusive than with the Solo single exhaust.
- The Solo Ecoboost Dual exhaust kit starts off as a 3” mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust and then Y’s into our MACH-X dual in dual out X-design muffler, which is heavily packed with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wool. The dual outlet muffler accommodates the dual tails that exit behind each rear tire on an approximate 40 degree angle. Heat shielding is incorporated onto the driver’s side tailpipe to protect your spare tire and brake lines. An extra driver’s side hanger is included for easy installation. Where the 3” front pipe splits, it becomes dual 2 ½”. Dual 2 ½” is a greater volume than a single 3”, so we call it a 3” dual exhaust kit even though the “dual” portion is 2 ½”. Solo’s T601-3L and T601-3R exhaust tips are used on this kit.
- This deep performance tone of the MACH-X ECO-DUAL quiets down amazingly well on the highway. At cruise speeds, it’s almost as quiet as the stock exhaust. Overall the Solo Dual exhaust is more refined and would be the exhaust kit that is wife/kid approved. This stylish exhaust kit comes with all necessary hardware and parts to do the install using regular tools. There is no welding necessary.
- The exhaust kit softens, deepens, and gets more refined with a bit of driving. Stainless steel is very hard and reflective, and with a new system the sound waves are bouncing all around off of the new stainless steel. When you put about 400-500 miles on the new system, a layer of carbon builds up on the interior of the pipes and muffler. This carbon build up absorbs some of the sound waves and refines the system even further. You'll love the system, from the first start-up, and it only gets better as you put more miles on it.
Solo’s “MR400” Single 4” exhaust compared to “MACH-X ECO-DUAL” 3 inch Dual exhaust:
- Stainless Steel Cat-Back exhaust kit
- 3” Mandrel bent exhaust
- Once it splits to duals it is 2 ½” mandrel bent dual exhaust.
- Dual 2 ½” is a greater volume than a single 3”
- Completely Bolt-On using only regular tools
- Solo’s T304 stainless dual in dual out Mach-X muffler is used.
- Dual 3 ½” beveled and staggered T304 exhaust tip on each side
Both of these kits have an incredible deep, aggressive exhaust note that makes your Ecoboost sound like the truck it was meant to be. While both systems are deep and bassy, the 4” is a bit deeper. Both the 4” single and the 3” Dual systems sound levels off to a very quiet note at cruise on the highway. Both systems are non-invasive in the cabin, but the 4” single system is more invasive than the dual. The dual exhaust system would be the better system to have for wife/kid approval, while the 4” single system would be tailored to the enthusiast.
Solo Performance Customer Service and Sales
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)