Topic Sponsor
Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

Ford F-Series Front Camera Kits!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Ford F-Series Front Camera Kits!

Camera-source.com is a proud sponsor of F150forum and is pleased to announce our new front view camera for Ford F series trucks! This camera kit will mount on the grille in place of your existing emblem and will connect directly to your navigation (with a nav interface) or other monitor. If you have a 9" x 3-1/2" emblem on your front grille this camera is a perfect fit.

Please visit our site for more information!

We also stock both the tailgate handle backup camera kit and the oval emblem kits!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
aai

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by camera-source.com
Camera-source.com is a proud sponsor of F150forum and is pleased to announce our new front view camera for Ford F series trucks! This camera kit will mount on the grille in place of your existing emblem and will connect directly to your navigation (with a nav interface) or other monitor. If you have a 9" x 3-1/2" emblem on your front grille this camera is a perfect fit.

Please visit our site for more information!

We also stock both the tailgate handle backup camera kit and the oval emblem kits!
Hi, I just visited your site. I have a 2013 f150 with factory navigation. I want to add the reverse camera feature to work with my navigation. I'm planning to install this myself. My question is do I have to go to the dealer and have them turn a feature on in my navigation for your camera kit to work? Or do I just purchase your kit, install it and it will work? Here is the kit I am interested in
http://www.camera-source.com/product...-fim-lockipick
I sent you a pm and an email with my contact # also thanks

Last edited by aai; 01-14-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by aai
Hi, I just visited your site. I have a 2013 f150 with factory navigation. I want to add the reverse camera feature to work with my navigation. I'm planning to install this myself. My question is do I have to go to the dealer and have them turn a feature on in my navigation for your camera kit to work? Or do I just purchase your kit, install it and it will work? Here is the kit I am interested in
http://www.camera-source.com/product...-fim-lockipick
I sent you a pm and an email with my contact # also thanks

For all of the 2013 F Series owners unfortunately the MyTouch lockpick will not allow a non-factory installed camera to turn on automatically when put in reverse. In fact, Ford is updating the radios on the 2013 and those with factory rear camera using the MyTouch lockpick will find that the camera no longer turns on in reverse either. This is because the update causes a re-route in active wires in the harness, which causes the lockpick camera circuit to fail.

It's not a complete loss however because you can still turn the camera on manually, though it can be painful to do that every time. This is why we still sell it as a bundle on our site but there is a disclaimer about this issue on the product page. Some people do so much hauling that it's still easier to turn the camera on manually than to get out of the truck multiple times to hook up the trailer etc.

For those who want to add a front camera it's a similar situation. You will have to turn the camera on manually unless you have an early 2013 model and have not had the radio updated yet. Without the radio update everything works great and the front camera will come on automatically below a certain speed and can also be turned on manually.

Sorry that I don't have better news on this topic. Coastal is working on a solution for this problem but it could be months before it's resolved. IF YOU ARE USING A MYTOUCH LOCKPICK ON YOUR 2013 AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING DO NOT LET FORD UPDATE YOUR RADIO! Contact me if you have further questions as I'm willing to assist any time.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Willl it work with the rear view mirror screen?

I have a 2012 F-150 with sync, without the navigation. I do have the backup camera though. The display is in the rear view mirror. Is there anyway to get the front mounted camera to work with my setup? Thanks!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Camden Tennis

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question

Well the front camera work with my 2010 platinum. I already have built in rear camera from ford that works automatically with my nav screen. I would love to learn more about it.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by Stevek683
I have a 2012 F-150 with sync, without the navigation. I do have the backup camera though. The display is in the rear view mirror. Is there anyway to get the front mounted camera to work with my setup? Thanks!
Unfortunately, no. We do have an A/V switch that could work but you would have to do some legwork to locate the factory video wires and reverse trigger wire in the harness, then splice them into the AV box. Not a simple solution but PM me if you really want to take a stab at it and we'll set you up with what you need.

Thanks - Chris
Old 03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by TupeloTennis
Well the front camera work with my 2010 platinum. I already have built in rear camera from ford that works automatically with my nav screen. I would love to learn more about it.
yes for this application you need the SYNC Locpick to interface your navigation. Then you will be able to not only control both a front and your rear camera on demand but you will also be able to take advantage of some additional features of the lockpick. See the product for SYNC navigation here: http://www.camera-source.com/products/ford-oe-fit/2009-2012-f150-explorer-edge-front-grille-camera-system-includes-sync-lockpick

(The part number is CS-FTRF-SYNC)

Thanks for asking!
Chris
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your site only lists a kit for up to 2012. I have a 2013 I'd like to put a camera on the front of. Is there a kit w/ the lockpick for my year?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:09 AM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by MKE Black FX4
Your site only lists a kit for up to 2012. I have a 2013 I'd like to put a camera on the front of. Is there a kit w/ the lockpick for my year?
2013 trucks are challenging because some radios have received updates from Ford that render the lockpick useless accept as an A/V interface. We talk about 2013 in one of the first threads on this page. To sum it up if you want to install a lockpick/front cam on your 2013 you will likely have to manually turn the camera on each time. That means you have to enter the lockpick menu in the navigation using the steering wheel controls, toggle to AV settings, and enable the AV input that you have the front camera connected to.

If you did not have the radio update everything will work automatically but there is no way to tell if the updates been done (that I'm aware of).

Thanks for asking your question - Chris
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What are the advantages or uses of having a front facing camera? You are already facing the front so as to see what is up there.

Quick Reply: Ford F-Series Front Camera Kits!