Topic Sponsor
Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

Ford F-150 Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade! See Installed Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:12 PM
F150 Lighting Experts

Received 405 Likes on 242 Posts
Lightbulb Ford F-150 Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade! See Installed Photos!

Diode Dynamics is excited to introduce our new plug-and-play HP24 Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for the Ford F-150!Switchback. These aren't your average turn signal bulbs - they're Switchback! On your Ford F-150, they will illuminate in a bright 6000K cool white color as the parking light, then switch to intense amber when the turn signals are activated. The result is a modern dual-color effect! This is one of the best ways to easily add styling to the F-150.

Fitment. These bulbs are a direct replacement for your Ford F-150’s front signal bulb. Installation only takes minutes - simply take out your factory bulb and the HP24 will fit snugly in the socket. However, we do recommend LED Resistors to prevent bulb-out warnings and hyperblinking. See how to install resistors below.

NEW! Since some Ford trucks use a 4257-size front turn signal bulb, we recently released a 4257 HP24 Switchback bulb. The 4257 HP24 Switchback bulb features a custom-molded base connector, making it a true replacement for factory incandescent 4257-size front turn signal bulbs. Unlike a 3157 bulb that includes tabs on either side of the bulb, a 4257 bulb does not.

Ford F-150 Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade! See Installed Photos!-xmrfjmm.jpg
Brightness. At 410 lumens, the HP24 will provide about double the total light output compared to your factory bulb. All Diode Dynamics LED lighting is rated with accurate, measured lumen figures, not calculations or guesses. We test the true output in-house and provide you the real numbers to compare.

Ford F-150 Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade! See Installed Photos!-yhddzbv.jpg
Colors that match. Most of us have seen lighting setups with random shades of white that don't quite match. At Diode Dynamics, we operate an integrating sphere, which is a piece of lab equipment used to analyze the exact color spectrum of the LED bulbs we produce. By testing each batch of products, we can ensure that all bulbs will match in color, to avoid various tints of white. These bulbs will match any other upgrades you may have from Diode Dynamics, for factory-style uniformity and a clean appearance.Reliability. Diode Dynamics LEDs are built with constant-current inductive circuitry, along with transient suppression. They are tested by our engineering team with a device that replicates years of voltage spikes, like the ones generated each time the alternator starts and stops on your F-150. This is what kills most LED bulbs over time, but just like factory components, Diode Dynamics LEDs are designed with built-in circuit protection. While more expensive than simple bulbs, this allows Diode Dynamics LEDs to last for years, with no flickering or failure.

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking,

John C.

Diode Dynamics

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 05-03-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:48 PM
F150 Lighting Experts

Old 05-25-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Really wish someone would make a switch back built IN the bulb so we wouldn't have to splice into out wires to make them work. Or even a resistor with 3157 plugs in both ends.

Wayne
Old 05-25-2016, 02:02 PM
F150 Lighting Experts

Originally Posted by Z7What
Really wish someone would make a switch back built IN the bulb so we wouldn't have to splice into out wires to make them work. Or even a resistor with 3157 plugs in both ends.

Wayne
Heat is a byproduct of electrical resistance, heat is also the biggest enemy of LED output and reliability. If you had enough integrated resistance onto the LED bulb itself, it wouldn't last very long.

Our R&D team is always working on new solutions to these issues, but luckily the 2015+ F-150 doesn't hyperflash on the exterior of the truck without resistors installed.

Nick C.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:13 PM

I have eBay switchback bulbs in my truck and they are so random when they hyper. Sometimes they hyper all the time. Sometimes if the blinker is on for a a little while they blink regular then hyper then regular, etc and sometimes they work normal. Weird!

Wayne
Old 05-25-2016, 08:49 PM

Or any want to make a resistor with 3157 ends on each side so no splicing is needed?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Or any want to make a resistor with 3157 ends on each side so no splicing is needed?
That would be doable but I like having the resistors bolted to the sheet metal for better heat dissipation. Otherwise it might melt the bulb connector.

Plastic does not transfer heat.

Last edited by RLXXI; 05-25-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I have eBay switchback bulbs in my truck and they are so random when they hyper. Sometimes they hyper all the time. Sometimes if the blinker is on for a a little while they blink regular then hyper then regular, etc and sometimes they work normal. Weird!

Wayne
Mine were the same way, random except during the day when my lights were off, they would only hyper with headlight switch on.

Made a vid of it
Light's off it was never random, lights on it's hit or miss.

Since then I have installed Recon led tails, same results, then I installed switch backs up front and added the load resistors, now ALL my signal lights are consistently normal function, light switch on or off.

I can conclude if you have the light switch set to (Auto), the same results will be had without the load resistors. Recon puts them into the tail assembly so I only had to add them up front for the switchbacks.

Last edited by RLXXI; 05-25-2016 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
That would be doable but I like having the resistors bolted to the sheet metal for better heat dissipation. Otherwise it might melt the bulb connector. Plastic does not transfer heat. .
If you had a male 3157 connector and X inches of wire then the resistor then X inches of wire then a female 3157 that would allow you to mount it to metal.

Wayne
Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 AM
F150 Lighting Experts

Quick Reply: Ford F-150 Switchback Front Turn LEDs! Major Front-End Upgrade! See Installed Photos!