Topic Sponsor
Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts
Default Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport

Livernois Motorsports has been working on broadening and perfecting our tune and upgrade portfolio for the Explorer Sport. Using our own Development car, and In-House AWD Chassis Dyno we have been able to come up with a tune that should satisfy the thirst of those looking for all out track performance for their Sport. This tune is still in the development stages as it is fairly aggressive, but once we are fully satisfied with it it will be a parts package to compliment a race style tune that we offer like our 4+ tune in the 10-12 Ecoboost Cars, we will be releasing one. The first run right off of the street ran 13.40@102 and with some on track tweaking and optimizations we were able to get it to the 13.27@103 mark. As you can see in the video, there is plenty of wheel spin due to how aggressive this calibration is, which if under control would have been able to get even better results. We will be working on offering more performance products to allow for a more usable manner of added HP as in it's current state this is too aggressive for production release. With a perfected tune, and the future product offerings coming from Livernois Motorsports we are confident we will find the balance of on track performance with on street reliability. Unfortunately we ran out of time at the track, but look for future updates coming soon and even better numbers

As another point, our current production release calibration will provide consistent 13.50-13.60 when conditions allow, we just are always working on perfecting and upgrading our offerings.

The following users liked this post:
FGirard (07-13-2013)
Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Unofficial Glass Guru

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I love the Explorers, i recommended a friend a Livernois tune for his Explorer and he purchased it once i sent him the dyno sheets...

Last edited by Commander316; 07-13-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Livernois Motorsports (07-12-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 11:15 AM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Commander316
I love the Explorers, i recommended a friend a Livernois tune and he purchased it once i sent him the dyno sheets...
Thanks Commander. Truck looks awesome with those rims!
Commander316 (07-13-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

**** that's fast...even out of the box, Jesus.

Quick Reply: Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport