Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

winch ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default winch ???

What's up guys? So I'm trying to decide on a winch for my 2010 fx4. I'm looking into the smittybilt xrc10 comp. series. But now I just found out they came out with the X02, which is waterproof. There both comp. series and come with synthetic rope. So my question is, am I really gonna need a waterproof winch? Or should I just pay another $100 bucks to have it just incase? Any suggestions?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greatone_1022
What's up guys? So I'm trying to decide on a winch for my 2010 fx4. I'm looking into the smittybilt xrc10 comp. series. But now I just found out they came out with the X02, which is waterproof. There both comp. series and come with synthetic rope. So my question is, am I really gonna need a waterproof winch? Or should I just pay another $100 bucks to have it just incase? Any suggestions?
The question is how do you use your truck??? If you're planning on going through a lot of water and mud, I'd get the waterproof winch. Either way, $100 is cheap insurance to keep you from shorting out a winch.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good point!!! Where I'm from there's not a whole lot of water at the usual wheeling spots, but the purpose I'm buying a winch is for those just in case times, who knows I might end up in some water one of these days. Thanx for the advice

Quick Reply: winch ???