Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Who has coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Truck Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has coilovers?

Hey guys I am just trying to find out who has Coilover shocks and which ones you went for whether it was King, Fox, Icon or anything let me know and what you think of them.

Thanks,

Dean.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running 10" 2.5 King Coilovers. The reason I went with King was i wanted the best out there and king has been in the business for the longest on vehicles. Also fox is a very good company for shocks dont get me wrong, my view on them is they are overpriced... I love my kings also when buying kings from the main warehouse and site i think they still allow you to change coil weights until you get it right which saves you more money then you ever think
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Truck Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah King's customer service seems to be second to none. Are you happy with the ride even with the lift?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
[Project Ironhide]

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm waiting on my new FX4 EcoBoost to arrive and I ordered the Camburg 4WD Performance kit. I originally was going to go with King coilovers and shocks until I heard about these guys and when I called them, they gave me the run-down on all the coilovers out there and said flat out, the FOX 2.5's are the best out there - period. It's what the big whig at Camburg has on his rig. Between the Fox 2.5's and the Upper A arms, the truck will have damn near the same travel a Raptor does.

As soon as my truck arrives (it's in transit literally as we speak), I will be posting more info about the suspension, including pics. Make sure to check out my blog for the details: http://www.bisonium.com/my-ultimate-...k-build-begins
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 PM

The ride by far is the best money spent on my lift and suspension. It out beats stock by far, also for rock climbing and mudding these are by far the best. I am planning on running bypasses next to mine after an axle swap and other things. The travel all depends on which you buy doesnt matter what brand shock you buy... Also the raptor runs bypasses up front and back, my friend has one and the thing is a beast on hard dirt or sand surfaces, when running in the mud it struggled with the IFS suspension. Fox is top of line shocks, if you have the money dont shy away from them, My choice is King for my word. Friends of mine have them on there duramax and cummins, They like them but regret not going with king. One just switched over last month to king
Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 AM
[Project Ironhide]

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by banorcal
The ride by far is the best money spent on my lift and suspension. It out beats stock by far, also for rock climbing and mudding these are by far the best. I am planning on running bypasses next to mine after an axle swap and other things. The travel all depends on which you buy doesnt matter what brand shock you buy... Also the raptor runs bypasses up front and back, my friend has one and the thing is a beast on hard dirt or sand surfaces, when running in the mud it struggled with the IFS suspension. Fox is top of line shocks, if you have the money dont shy away from them, My choice is King for my word. Friends of mine have them on there duramax and cummins, They like them but regret not going with king. One just switched over last month to king
No doubt the King stuff is good and you can't really go wrong there. What sold me on the Fox is the stories I heard about the finish on the King stuff pitting really badly. Also, the Fox is the ONLY shock that uses stainless steel shafts. I think from a performance standpoint, the King's, Fox, Icon's are all about on par with each other. But for all that money, I want my stuff to at least stay looking good.

I also heard about some issues with King customer service not being what it used to be. I can't say one way or another, I haven't had any issues personally so it's all hearsay. Just relaying the 411 I used to make my decision.

Either way, get *something* from King, Fox or Icon and you won't regret it...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm going with F.O.A.

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2011, 08:48 PM

I've been running kings in all my truck/ buggies for over 12 years. They work great. Period.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 PM

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I went with pro comp. so far love them and have no problem with them.
Attached Thumbnails Who has coilovers?-image-4153305311.jpg  
Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hk2011fx4
I went with pro comp. so far love them and have no problem with them.
I know you have a lift. I want more height out of my 2wd, I hate body lifts! lol
Could I get away with just extended spindles and coilovers and blocks in the rear? Just for like 2-4"

Quick Reply: Who has coilovers?