Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

What are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default What are my options?

I got a 2011 XLT Supercrew a couple weeks ago. It has a 6" Pro Comp lift with 35 x 12.5 x 18 Toyo AT on XD Addict wheels.

I've seen a few are running 35's with just a level kit. Would this cause problems with my wheel clearance? Some trimming, or would I need to get aftermarket fenders?

I will do some VERY mild off roading. I have a built Jeep on 35's and use that for wheeling. This will essentially be my DD and tow rig. My main focus is on smooth DD, better than stock.

Since the lift kit I have is just a basic 6" (uses stock coilovers up front). My other choice would be to maybe add aftermarket coilovers and replace the rear shocks.

I don't really want to keep 6" unless it is needed or significantly less expensive. I'd like to go down to 3" if possible. Is it more expensive to lose 3"?

Also wondering if components of my lift are likely to cause problems.

Last edited by suicideking; 07-15-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:36 AM
HHHMMM

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Default What are my options?

Yes it will be allot cheaper to keep the 6 inch lift. You could drop down to a 4 inch but for the cost is stay with what you have. You can run 35s with a level but depending on the back spacing of the wheel they may not clear and require a lot or just a little bit of trimming. I have six inches of lift and my 35s rub when the body rolls and tires are turned sharp. If it were my truck I'd replace the struts and rear shocks if it was needed only.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

With out having a new crossmember mounting bracket fabbed up you will not be able to remove the 6" lift drop brackets. Plus you likely don't have the stock cross member when you bought the truck. You can swap the 6" spacers up front for 4" spacers or use 4" Rancho coilovers or have custom lengths made by camburg or icon. Bds sells fox 2.5s that can be shortened for a 4" lift. You would have to swap out your rear blocks from a 5" block to a 3.5 or 4" block. And buy shocks for a 4" lift.

Not cost effective at all. If you didn't want the truck with a full lift you should have passed on it.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I like the wheels, so would probably add the coilovers and rear shocks. It has the Pro Comp shocks in the rear now which aren't bad. I'll just get some running boards to keep the wife happy.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suicideking
I got a 2011 XLT Supercrew a couple weeks ago. It has a 6" Pro Comp lift with 35 x 12.5 x 18 Toyo AT on XD Addict wheels...

.... My main focus is on smooth DD, better than stock.
I laughed^

As has previously been said, you can down grade a few components and get from 6" to 4" but going lower than that would be cost prohibitive. As in, sell the truck and get a different one.

I would give Pro Comp a call directly and see what they recommend. They might even have a package put together for this vary situation.

Quick Reply: What are my options?