Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

TCS vs FTS; 6" vs 8" Lift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Default TCS vs FTS; 6" vs 8" Lift Kits

Alright y'all, so I'm looking for an 8" lift kit, but what I've been seeing is that Rize is the only true 8" kit. The others just have a bigger spacer but the same components. I noticed that TCS has different UCA's on their 8" kit than they do on the 6", are they a true 8" kit?

Also, TCS and FTS look identical and are priced identical. Any difference between them? It's a little peculiar...
Old 07-04-2016, 05:27 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Most of the 8" kits like the 6" kits are almost identical because they're CAD designed to match as best as possible for ride quality/longevity. But, FTS seems like the most common 8" that people use. Most companies use a spacer as well for the 8" kits because the struts needed are usually a custom built option after the fact rather than a standard kit inclusion.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

The problem I keep seeing is BDS for example. Their 8" kit is literally the same as their 6" kit, just with a larger spacer. So basically it's just a lift kit with a level stacked on it. I'm wanting an 8" that I can stack a level on for a 10" kit. I think TCS's kit is different between the two but I was curious if someone had first hand knowledge of if they're different.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Alright so I got an email back from TCS about their 8" lift. It's their 6" kit with a taller spacer and different upper control arms. Aside from that they're the same. So my question now is, why not just use my leveling struts with a 6" kit to make it an 8" kit? It'd save a lot of money and is basically how these other companies are making their 8" lifts. I wouldn't be able to bump an 8" to 10" because my CV axles would be at a horrible angle if I'm thinking correctly.

I sent an email to Rize for a quote but they've dropped off the face of the earth so I don't expect an email back.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 81 Likes on 75 Posts

I have the FTS coilover lift and it bounces like crazy. I honestly would not recommend it. I was only able to get a hold of Rize with a phone call, they never emailed me back.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Originally Posted by Mrocha85
I have the FTS coilover lift and it bounces like crazy. I honestly would not recommend it. I was only able to get a hold of Rize with a phone call, they never emailed me back.
That's good to know. I've decided I'm probably gonna go pick up a 6" Fabtech lift that has bilstein struts for $975 used. It's a complete kit, so it's a great deal. I'll eventually order custom coil overs.

On the Rize topic, did they give you a quote for a lift? There's no dealers anywhere around that I can find...
Old 07-06-2016, 12:05 AM

Received 81 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tareed94
That's good to know. I've decided I'm probably gonna go pick up a 6" Fabtech lift that has bilstein struts for $975 used. It's a complete kit, so it's a great deal. I'll eventually order custom coil overs.

On the Rize topic, did they give you a quote for a lift? There's no dealers anywhere around that I can find...
Hell yeah just get it powder coated. They did but I can't recall the price. I got the FTS coilover kit for about $4700 and it was way cheaper then the rize. If I did it over again I would spend the extra money and get the rize.

Quick Reply: TCS vs FTS; 6" vs 8" Lift Kits