Starting a Prerunner Project - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Starting a Prerunner Project

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 459
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Default

i cant tell what brand that is, but generally you get what you pay for so just be careful. I paid $650 for my 50" light bar.
patclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 AM   #12
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclarke View Post
i cant tell what brand that is, but generally you get what you pay for so just be careful. I paid $650 for my 50" light bar.
Yeah little worried because it doesn't have a warranty like the nicer ones. I feel like it might lose a lot of LED bulbs pretty quick
GGarrettLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 206
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGarrettLane View Post
Yeah little worried because it doesn't have a warranty like the nicer ones. I feel like it might lose a lot of LED bulbs pretty quick
super cheap LED bars are not worth it in my opinion. Go at least midway in terms of quality, because the cheap Chinese ones are significantly worse in quality, and they are alot less brighter. The mid grade ones tend to be pretty close to the high end ones.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyline For This Useful Post:
GGarrettLane (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 459
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Default

One of the things I learned was when I cheeped out on parts for my truck I had to later replace them with the right ones so in the end you just spend more money then you would have to begin with.
patclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
super cheap LED bars are not worth it in my opinion. Go at least midway in terms of quality, because the cheap Chinese ones are significantly worse in quality, and they are alot less brighter. The mid grade ones tend to be pretty close to the high end ones.
where would be a good place to find some of the mid grade bars? I seem to only be able find the $650 or $130
GGarrettLane is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F150 number Two! SplinterF150 Introductions 18 01-15-2016 11:10 AM
2wd ok in San Diego or should I go 4x4? JaviJ01 General F150 Discussion 2 10-07-2015 07:39 PM
5 lug to 6 lug conversion tech question Mallet 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 19 09-09-2015 08:46 PM
I am Brand New In Every Aspect - Where Did You Start BDWhite Introductions 0 09-07-2015 03:35 AM
2012 f-150 fx4 5.0 - RPM jumps around at 1500 on cold start coltonrausch 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 12 09-06-2015 03:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Copyright © 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com