Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

should I go off-road?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default should I go off-road?

Hi guys, I have a 95 f150 4wd 5.0l and I want to start taking it off the road. My question is: is it a good idea with a single cab 8 foot bed truck? how do you guys get the underbody clean afterwards? do any fluids need change afterwards? Im not talking about mud holes just wood trails.

any tips are great thanks.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Drive safely. No need to change any fluids unless you get into some really deep water. Bring a towstrap. As for the trails, when in doubt don't try it out unless you have another vehicle to pull you out. Bring emergency gear (water, flashlight, blankets or sleeping bag). Hose the undercarriage if muddy, but avoid hosing the engine if at all possible, especially the top of the engine. Last but not least, let someone know where u are going.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canddmeyer
Drive safely. No need to change any fluids unless you get into some really deep water. Bring a towstrap. As for the trails, when in doubt don't try it out unless you have another vehicle to pull you out. Bring emergency gear (water, flashlight, blankets or sleeping bag). Hose the undercarriage if muddy, but avoid hosing the engine if at all possible, especially the top of the engine. Last but not least, let someone know where u are going.
I second that. If you have other friends that 4wheel, try to always work out a time to go together, and Never go by yourself. If you don't know many people that take their trucks off road, seriously consider a winch, strap and ****** block, but still take a buddy with you. Trails can get gnarly if you don't know the area well. I don't know what size tire you're running, but getting high centered with your long bed is a high probability, and take it easy on that front end. Always take a jug of water, a first aid kit and basic necessities as canddmeyer mentioned and some hand tools. Trust your gut and be safe.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Executive Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

yah yah do it. I dont reccomend mud either too much of a pain to clean, but almost worth it haha

Quick Reply: should I go off-road?