Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Which Shocks: Fox 2.0 performance non-resi or Ranchero 9000xls

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 12:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Which Shocks: Fox 2.0 performance non-resi or Ranchero 9000xls

Hey all, I have been looking at some shocks for my truck and was wanting some feedback from anyone with experience with these two shocks. My truck is mostly a daily driver but i occasionally take it off-roading. I am not wanting anything to firm for the roads so i was leaning towards the adjustable rancheros but then i found a forum and nobody had much good to say about them, just wondering what you all had to say about the 2, thanks!
Old 10-15-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you set on those 2 only?

I've always had great success with Kings.

What kind of suspension do you have on your truck?
Old 10-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Ranchos wish they were in the same category as Fox. My vote would be Foxes out of the two.

Just say no to painted body shocks!

Wayne
The following users liked this post:
cfullersu (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jaytizzle
Are you set on those 2 only?

I've always had great success with Kings.

What kind of suspension do you have on your truck?

hey yea those are pretty much the two i was set on but i am open to other options. those were the two i picked because they seemed to be the more talked about 2, other than bilsteins, in my price range. ive heard good things about kings as well but they are a bit more pricey aren't they? the fox 2.0s and the rancheros are both about $120-$130 apiece and that is about as high as i am wanting to go since im not off-roading more than just occasionally. $150 is about as high as i would likely go. my suspension is stock right now with a 2" level in the front, the level was a gift that was put on for me so im not sure what brand it was
Old 10-15-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

F150Lifts.com makes a great shock known as the BOSS! I have them in my truck and I'm very happy. They also have Boss Coilovers for the front which I would suggest over a spacer if money isn't a issue. They are adjustable and will provide the lift you want.

Wayne
Old 10-15-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Z7What
F150Lifts.com makes a great shock known as the BOSS! I have them in my truck and I'm very happy. They also have Boss Coilovers for the front which I would suggest over a spacer if money isn't a issue. They are adjustable and will provide the lift you want.

Wayne
okay thanks, ill go check those out!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:01 PM

And what are y'all's thoughts on replacing just rears or just fronts instead of all four? i dont know if i have the money to think about replacing all four at the same time. im still running stock with 66k miles on them
Old 10-15-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I've done rear Bilsteins on my last 2 pickups and they worked just fine.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:52 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

I have fox 2.0 on my back and the coilovers in front. Before I switched the back I noticed lots of bounce and not very good grip in the back on highways or over bumps. With the fox, all of that is gone. I can't compare them against anything else though....

Stage 3 motorsports just recently did a test on ICON. FOX & F150 BOSS. They basically said,ICON is the best for off road. Fox is way better than stock, but Boss is better than fox. So I would look into BOSS, they are generally the same price I think as FOX.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-...talled-309006/
The following users liked this post:
cfullersu (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=Lockelamora;4376355]I have fox 2.0 on my back and the coilovers in front. Before I switched the back I noticed lots of bounce and not very good grip in the back on highways or over bumps. With the fox, all of that is gone. I can't compare them against anything else though....

Stage 3 motorsports just recently did a test on ICON. FOX & F150 BOSS. They basically said,ICON is the best for off road. Fox is way better than stock, but Boss is better than fox. So I would look into BOSS, they are generally the same price I think as FOX.

Okay thats a lot of help, ill definitely check those out. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which Shocks: Fox 2.0 performance non-resi or Ranchero 9000xls