Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Rough Country lift kit longevity

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Rough Country lift kit longevity

For those of you who have a RC lift kit installed, interested in how many miles you have put on since installation, how often you go off road, and how the kit is holding up.

I may be buying one of these kits, but plan on putting another 100k or more miles on my truck. I am on construction sites a bit but dont do much real off roading - Ill definately get in the mud though...

I have heard mixed reviews from how these kits hold up (I'd be getting a 6" with the front strut spacers and replacement rear shocks) and would like a difinitive answer. Seems like most of the RC haters are jeepers who do more hardcore stuff than I plan on and who have a full suspension replacement kit.

Any help appreaciated - thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are not set on the RC kit yet. Take a look at what we offer priced competitvely, the parts are built here in the states.

http://zoneoffroad.com/prod-display?ca=1&ma=7&mo=17
Old 04-02-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Zone Offroad
If you are not set on the RC kit yet. Take a look at what we offer priced competitvely, the parts are built here in the states.

http://zoneoffroad.com/prod-display?ca=1&ma=7&mo=17

Do you have any references from people who have had it installed? Its hard for me to find anyone who has even heard of Zone. Longevity and durability are my biggest requirements. My truck is not a garage queen. Try and sell me on the benefits of this kit versus the RC. Im listening.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 AM

No one?? I know a bunch of you have the Rough Country Lift, can you please give me some feedback? I dont want to install the kit if it is as bad as the jeep lifts apparently are...
Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Specifically what truck are we working on and what lift(s) are you interested in? That may help me narrow in on your answer aside from the american made components and customer service we offer.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Locker>Limited Slip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Rough Country lift now for 17000 miles, never had a damn thing wrong. 100% satisfaction. My buddy has a Jeep that he beats the hell out of with Rough Counrty 5 and 1/4 lift that hes had for over 30k probably. Not a problem.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zone Offroad
Specifically what truck are we working on and what lift(s) are you interested in? That may help me narrow in on your answer aside from the american made components and customer service we offer.
how come no lifts for the pre 97 crowd? seems to me that they would be cheaper and easier to build considering they are cheaper than the ifs drop brackets
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lifted_V6
I got a Rough Country lift now for 17000 miles, never had a damn thing wrong. 100% satisfaction. My buddy has a Jeep that he beats the hell out of with Rough Counrty 5 and 1/4 lift that hes had for over 30k probably. Not a problem.
Thanks for the input. Ordered my Rough Country lift today!

to Zone - already ordered the kit by the time I saw your latest post. My truck is an 09 fx4 crew with the short bed.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 6" rough country lift on my 88 f150. I've hit some trails pretty hard and have climbed a few 90° ledges to test how strong the Tbb brackets are. Everything has held up just fine. Only thing I've noticed is one bolt loosened after a pretty hard trail ride, but that's expected on a recently installed kit. The bolts haven't loosened again since.

I also daily drove the truck for a few months. Rides great on the highway, handles and corners well. Very similar to stock to me. I would definitely buy another rough country lift in the future. I have about 3500 miles on my kit.

Good luck OP, hope you like your kit as much as I do.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got one on my 94 for prolly 4,000 miles. 6 in. i do the occasional muddin but i don't beat on my truck. i think the front coils are starting to settle a bit but i could be wrong. the steering stabilizer was bad right outta the box but top gun customz sent me another asap no charge which was really nice. Overall i'm satisfied

Quick Reply: Rough Country lift kit longevity