Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

removing a 4 inch body lift ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default removing a 4 inch body lift ?

My truck l picked up came with 8"suspension lift and a 4"body lift. I running 35" ta's. I thinking of removing the body lift. I have to remove the welds to drop the front bumper. After that is there more than just just jacking up the body and removing the body to frame mount bolts? I no l"ll have to replace the bushings. Has anyone done this before?
Old 08-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

4 inch body lift? I thought only 2 and 3 inch body lifts existed.

To answer your question, no. It is not as simple as removing body to frame bolts. Body lifts have extensions for steering and such. Sounds like a nightmare to me.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, after forgetting what the last owner stated I remeasured and found it to be actually a 3" lift. I have found he was a little confused on several other items he forgot to mention.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

That's never good. I would leave the body lift on personally. Your tires are way too small though. Get some 37 x 13.50's on some 10 or 11 inch wide rims and the truck will look much better.

Taking off the body lift, fixing the bumper, new body mounts, etc will cost a good bit of money that could be used on the above.

Also, are you sure that you are running a 8 +3 lift? 35's would look like spare tires on that thing I would think...
Old 08-05-2014, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by teag
Thanks for the reply, after forgetting what the last owner stated I remeasured and found it to be actually a 3" lift. I have found he was a little confused on several other items he forgot to mention.
I have a picture in showin your love. Gen 7-8-9 #7435
Old 08-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Body Lifts can be pain, I'd getting some bigger tires or some more aggressive wheels with that much lift
Old 08-06-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Just take the body lift out problem solved. Bigger tires add more problems, you'll need a regear most likely and a host of other things. It's cheaper and easier to just take the body lift out. Drop it off at a shop if you don't know what you're doing or have the tools though it's a fairly involved job probably best left to guys who have done it before and have the stuff to do it.

It's still cheaper to have a professional remove your body lift then to buy new, bigger tires and in the end probably the better thing to do. Body lifts are ****ty, they're the first thing to break and they look dumb. Might as well get rid of it
Old 08-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sportster07
Just take the body lift out problem solved. Bigger tires add more problems, you'll need a regear most likely and a host of other things. It's cheaper and easier to just take the body lift out. Drop it off at a shop if you don't know what you're doing or have the tools though it's a fairly involved job probably best left to guys who have done it before and have the stuff to do it.

It's still cheaper to have a professional remove your body lift then to buy new, bigger tires and in the end probably the better thing to do. Body lifts are ****ty, they're the first thing to break and they look dumb. Might as well get rid of it
+1
Old 09-08-2014, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sportster07

Well said and 100% agree

Quick Reply: removing a 4 inch body lift ?