Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Recently Purchased 07 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recently Purchased 07 FX4

Hey, everyone. I'm new here, so I'm going to be asking a lot of questions and learning as much as possible.

I recently purchased an 07 F150 FX4 with quite a few aftermarket parts on it. After delving deeper into the truck, I have come across a few things that I have questions about.

It has a 6" Pro Comp lift kit, 18" Diamo rims with -12 offset, and 37" Terra Grapplers. The tires need to be replaced, and I was wanting to go down a tire size. The current size is LT355/65R18. I was wondering if the LT325/65R18 would fit the same and give me less rubbing?

Also, the inside of the front two tires is what is bald. It seems that there needs to be some sort of adjustment in the leaf springs or they need to be replaced. I can provide pictures upon request. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I go about fixing this problem?

When purchasing a new truck that has an aftermarket lift already on it, what should I really be looking for as far as wear and tear? Both upper control arms were just replaced as well as both hub bearings. A front disc brake job was just done as well.

When looking at purchasing new things, what are some good website vendors that I should look into? Also, does anyone know of a decently-local shop that works on off road trucks or that specializes in trucks with lifts and aftermarket parts alike? I'm located in Beaufort, SC, 29906.

All words of wisdom and c/c is appreciated. Like I said, I'm new, so don't bash my lack of knowledge!

Thanks,
Cobey.
Attached Thumbnails Recently Purchased 07 FX4-truck-3.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from up the coast a bit! (Summerville here) Awesome looking truck you got your hands on there.

I'm not really knowledgeable on the lifts and such, just got a leveled FX4 myself, so not sure what you should be watching for wear on aftermarket stuff.

As for the tires, a 325/65 is going to be about 34.6 compared to your current tire around 36.2 So you gain almost an inch of clearance diameter wise, but I'm not really sure how it would fit on the rim, not knowing how wide the rim itself is. How badly is it rubbing? Just the front? Just full lock or fairly often?

also, shoot over to our South Carolina page in the regional section. Might be able to get some info on local shops from some of those guys.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE

I also have a 2007 4x4 (not fx4) on a 6''. As far as tires go, you will be better off with 35's. Im assuming who ever had the truck before did some cutting to fit those 37's so you shouldn't rub at all with 35's. The wearing on the inside of the tires is most likely from them not rotating the tires or the truck might not be aligned or it could possibly be the tire pressure. I would take it to a local 4x4 and get it aligned just to be safe. Make sure you rotate your new tires every other oil change and you shouldnt have an issue with the wearing, and check the tire pressure (although I've personally never had an issue with tire pressure, I've known people who have with the center of their tires wearing).

Quick Reply: Recently Purchased 07 FX4