Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Power steering on 2012 4x4

Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering on 2012 4x4

I have a 2012 4x4 F150 and the power steering on this model is electrical. It's had locked up on me twice now when I have been driving on the freeway and Ford says the reason it's happening is that it's getting wet. The truck doesn't forge through mud or water, just dirt and sand so I guess it's getting wet from a car wash??? Anybody know anything more about this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:34 PM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

i put my truck up on my lift and pressure wash everthing under it. including the eps. about once a month and this has never happened to me. i think you have another problem.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 PM
for fastening fabric

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

ive buried my truck to the frame in mud, and ive NEVER had this happen.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 AM

Thank you guys for the responses. I don't know what to do about my truck. When they fixed it the first time they said to just stay out of water and mud yet you guys r having zero problems. Hope when I take it in they can fix the problem and get everything working the right way
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE808
Thank you guys for the responses. I don't know what to do about my truck. When they fixed it the first time they said to just stay out of water and mud yet you guys r having zero problems. Hope when I take it in they can fix the problem and get everything working the right way
That's RIDICULOUS.
Your truck is MADE to be driven in the rain and snow, and therefore comes with its electrical connections and components water-'protected'.
I'd go to another dealer, or if it's Ford actually telling you this, I'd hire a Lemon Law lawyer.
I've never heard of this happening on ANY vehicle with EPS, let alone a freaking truck.
Do NOT accept this line of B.S.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 AM

I took it back in on Friday and am having longer steering arms installed because they were not fitted right which was allowing water, mud and any other debris in to contact with the EPS and was making it lock up
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE808
I took it back in on Friday and am having longer steering arms installed because they were not fitted right which was allowing water, mud and any other debris in to contact with the EPS and was making it lock up
well hopfully it gets fixed. these trucks should be able to drive in the rain let alone a bunch of mud that's what 4 wheel drive is for. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power steering on 2012 4x4