Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Playin' in the mud and pullin' out Chevys

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Playin' in the mud and pullin' out Chevys

I got a call from a friend of mine earlier who was stuck in the mud and needed a pull out since he doesn't have a winch, yet. Although it didn't matter since there wasn't a tree to hook up to anyway. So I get there and pull his *** out and by this time another friend of mine shows up in his Chevy 1500 to laugh at the guy I pulled out, driving a sweet Tahoe. So we then check out the hole and I drive threw it nearly getting stuck and they follow behind. Then I decide to drive threw the deepest part which also has the sloppiest mud I'vee seen in awhile. So I get half way threw it and get stuck up to my frame and I open the door only to see mudd about four inches below me. So I wasn't going to sit there all night waiting on a Ford to show up so I have to get one of the damn Chevy's to pull me out of this sloppy **** I'm stuck in. So once I get out my friend with the Tahoe decides to give it a try and didn't make it far at all since those truck dont sit high at all, even though the torsion bars are cranked and he has 285 Buckshot's on it. So I hook up to him and pull him out. At this point we are just messin' around and decide to tell my dumbass friend who is no joke a moron when it comes to anything besides school books to go threw the whole across our ruts and up this little hill. Well right when you get out of the mud you immediately have a three foot mound to dell with so needless to say he didn't stand a chance getting threw it anyway. So like a dumbass he listen's to us and attempts to go threw it and ends up having the greather part of halk his front wheels under mud and the front valance hitting the ground. So after thirty minutes of both my other friend and I trying to get him out I finally get him out of the hole. So now we have had enough and decide to go since I had a hot date with my Grandmom and the others were tired of getting stuck so I pull away while my friend in the Tahoe decides to go down the hill and into the edge of the mud, ending up with both of his rear tires covering to the top in mud. We finally get him out using my friends winch and quickly got our asses out of there since we were in the back of a neighbor hood doing all of this.

It ended up being pretty fun since I pulled both of them out atleast twice each, which I still can't figure out since my tow strap is in bits and pieces right now.

I'll go back tmrw and get some day time pics but these will have to do for now.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 PM

Old 12-15-2007, 09:49 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that a TrailBlazer??? I can't believe he took a Trailblazer through the mud.

Last edited by Triton v8; 12-15-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:54 PM

That's a Tahoe, its actually a damn nice truck.

It's got cranked torsion bars with 285 buckshots, 5% tint, TJM front bumper replacement, two JL 12W3V3's, Viper alarm and remote start, AEM CAI and some other cool odds and ends.

And to think we spent 10 hours detailing it last weekend.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

trucks look better dirty. i've given up trying to clean mine.i usually get the dust off the dirt. we need more muddin photo's, i really enjoy them. maybe i could suggest an old axle sharpened at on end for your friend to use as a winch anchor. just pound it in and hook on. no trees needed. lookin forward to the daylight photos
Old 12-15-2007, 10:02 PM

I try to keep mine pretty clean, I'm almost in the OCD range about the cleanliness of it actually, or filthy in covered in mud. There is no inbetween for me.

He is actually about to buy a winch but when he does I will recomend and old axle to use as an anchor point.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that looks like a nice little hole, I should get some "snowin" pics for yall...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM

It doesn't look to bad in the pictures but it is extremely soft mud, all of us just sunk down to our rear axles or frames in it.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Old 12-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Quick Reply: Playin' in the mud and pullin' out Chevys