Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Places to go

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to go

Anyone know of any trails round in VA any helps appreciated there arent enough places
Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been out to the cove campgrounds in Gore, Virgina... about 15 mins west of Winchester. The trails are all level 2-3 at most and unlabeled. Camping there is decent, nice lake...

I've been looking for some better/longer OHV trails but most of them have either gone private or been closed because people have torn it up, some hippy was 'saving the planet', or both.

If you find any really good ones... lemme know. Wife and I looking for an adventure and buddy-system is always a good idea on the trails.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hobbes80
I've been out to the cove campgrounds in Gore, Virgina... about 15 mins west of Winchester. The trails are all level 2-3 at most and unlabeled. Camping there is decent, nice lake...

I've been looking for some better/longer OHV trails but most of them have either gone private or been closed because people have torn it up, some hippy was 'saving the planet', or both.

If you find any really good ones... lemme know. Wife and I looking for an adventure and buddy-system is always a good idea on the trails.
What kinda condition are the trails out there in? And whats the terrain like? And yeah thatd be great to have someone to offroad with ive always done it just me and my dad in my truck and lemme know if you find any others too
Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Depends which trail you go down... I was there in winter after a light snow and they ranged from a road with some ruts, to thin trails really meant for jeeps. I high centered my first time out there with the stock suspension height. Haven't been back since I put the level kit on, mostly for time reason.

Here is a video... doesn't look like much of anything but it was probably a 15* climb... couple pictures too:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hobbes80#p/u/5/loPwEtPtDHg
Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 PM

Well mines gotta 6in suspension lift think ill be good and ya think a stock vehicle could make mosta the stuff out there
Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM

mine was stock and I would've been totally fine if it wasn't for being a little careless and listening to my wife's "sure, you'll be fine"....

6" lift you won't have any issues other than scraping the roof on low-hanging branches...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM

id like to find more places round me im more in southern virginia so up there wouldtake me bout 3 hours which we could do but i wanna find more close by like actually real trails
Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 PM

I'd talk to the guys at Production Offroad in Virginia Beach. They go wheeling all the time.

The owner has a Raptor on 37" that he wheels pretty hard.

Quick Reply: Places to go