Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

[PICS]First time stuck snow wheeling + p0302

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default [PICS]First time stuck snow wheeling + p0302

So I decided that the in-laws were in town so I should be out of it. Left on a solo snow wheeling adventure up a road that is not problem at all....in dry conditions.

When heading up a steep corner a jeep was coming the other way and I had to take the inside. Not an ideal line. Started sliding sideways and off the camber of the corner. Stopped and started to back down. Managed to avoid heading off the inside of the corner, however reversing down the steep snow/ice section turned out to be beyond my skill level. Truck would slide and I would get off the brake to get traction, get back to feather until I would slide and repeat. got up a little too much speed and dropped a wheel off the edge. Tried backing out only to get my front end deeper off the side.

Officially stuck, and alone, but in cell coverage. Tried 2 tow truck companies and all of their trucks that could get to me were dispatched elsewhere. Wouldn't get to me until tomorrow. No friends had trucks that would get to as they still had summer tires on, and no winches anyways.

A little UTV came buy and talked to me but he wasn't going to pull me out. While talking to them along came an F250 (thank goodness it was a ford) with a 12k# winch. Pulled me out with no damage to the truck except some small scratches on the fender that will buff out. Pulled out the stump that is shown in the first pic and had to extract it from my suspension after I was out.

Scary as heck getting pulled out. Scary backing down the hill until I could turn around. Scary driving down the rest of the way in first doing 5kph and trying not to slide.

On the way down I noticed that my check engine light was on. It stayed on all night through a number of starts and stops.

Today the check engine light was out, but I checked the stored codes using a buddies scangauge. It had p0302 stored. I looked it up and it is a cylinder 2 misfire. Not sure if I should take it in to the shop, or just hope it doesn't come on again. Is it unusual that when abusing the truck when stuck to through a code?

First time ever having my truck stuck.

(pics in reverse chronilogical order)

Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No info on the code but man that sucks!! love that front bumper! the jeep prolly glanced back saw you were stuck and hammered down didnt he??
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't Even Slow Down Or Look Back
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by EfJuanFiddy
love that front bumper!

I am diggin' that front bumper as well, looks great on your truck! As for being stuck, anyone that goes offroading gets stuck at some point and time, that is just part of the "adventure", it's how you deal with it that makes the difference........ Looks like a lotta fun was had by all in your pics, regardless.......

Quick Reply: [PICS]First time stuck snow wheeling + p0302