Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Offroading in Pa

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroading in Pa

I live in eastern pa and so far the only offroading I get to do is through the corn fields we own but once crops go up I lose my offroad grounds. I know about rausch creek I've been there before but that stuff up there is a little to serious for my truck, my dads h1 went good up there but is there any basic trails up there I can get my truck trough? I don't want to abuse it it is a daily driver. Is there any other trails or secret spots?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:23 PM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Trevorton, Pa has a little bit of everything. They are making a offroad park in the area so I'm not sure how it's gonna effect to trails right now but they have everything from mild to wild. There's a hole out there that can swallow a duce and a half up. If you get a reading anthrocite permit you can use all of their property. It's like 125 for a year.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:56 PM

Yankee Lake in Ohio!!! I live 45mins south of Pittsburgh and it take me about 2 hours to get there. They have anything from mild to insane! They only are open in the warmer months but I would recommend checking out their website! http://www.trucknight.com/index.php
Old 12-30-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend has gone to Trevorton as well several times.
I've wanted to go as well but never made it.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Scott
Trevorton, Pa has a little bit of everything. They are making a offroad park in the area so I'm not sure how it's gonna effect to trails right now but they have everything from mild to wild. There's a hole out there that can swallow a duce and a half up. If you get a reading anthrocite permit you can use all of their property. It's like 125 for a year.
The new park is gonna be called AOAA. It was reading anthracite's property and now I guess the state it taking control of the park. ( hope they get their back pockets paid) this really sucks for the locals who rode these trails all their life and now we are gonna all have to pay. We used to go camping, Bon fires , target shoot but things are Gonna be different up there. No more night time riding. All the sudden it's "unsafe". I guess we'll find out soon what the actual cost will be... But this is a pic of my truck at treverton...
Attached Thumbnails Offroading in Pa-image-4143952463.jpg   Offroading in Pa-image-3036941066.jpg   Offroading in Pa-image-3228006714.jpg  
Old 12-30-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by steelhauler
The new park is gonna be called AOAA. It was reading anthracite's property and now I guess the state it taking control of the park. ( hope they get their back pockets paid) this really sucks for the locals who rode these trails all their life and now we are gonna all have to pay. We used to go camping, Bon fires , target shoot but things are Gonna be different up there. No more night time riding. All the sudden it's "unsafe". I guess we'll find out soon what the actual cost will be... But this is a pic of my truck at treverton...
It's county land they will be taking over. As far as I know RAC only owns the piles. I've been riding my yamaha raptor there for a year and I love the area. For me It takes a little less than 3 hours for me to get there.

Mannarino for me Ohio is like 6 hours for me. I'm not sure which Northampton that guy lives in but that could be pretty far too.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 PM

the park is only going to encompass a very very small portion of the overall land thats ride-able up in that area of PA. there is no way to stop whats been going on there for decades
Old 01-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Their going to have a jeep jamboree this year in the shamokin area so their making some new trails for them.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Going up to Trevorton this Christmas is anyone wants to join!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Oblivious Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I might be able to get up there. Probably would bring my quad and get my buddy to join me. Where is the entrance? Also in PA you need your atvs tagged right?

Quick Reply: Offroading in Pa