Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Offroad Front & Rear Winch Bumpers

Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad Front & Rear Winch Bumpers

Fellas,

Looking for Offroad Front & Rear Winch Bumpers for a 1998 F-150 Triton XLT 4X4. (4.6L V8)

I've owned her since 2004, and she's getting ready to become an offroad monster.....recommendations for a 6in Suspension lift, 35in or 37in tires

this is my goal:

6in Susp. lift w/ 35s or 37s
Winch capable front bumper w/ tow points
skid plate
Jobox holding onboard air compressor, tow ropes, tools, & Med kit
spare tire carrier mounted in bed
Hi Lift jack mounted in bed
rear bumper w/ tow points

if you guys have any input, ideas, or recommendations, let me know, I'd appreciate it!

thanks fellas

oldgreg
Old 02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Aerospace Engineer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First, if you want an "off road monster," forget the standard 6" kits by Fabtech and the like which are basically body lifts relocated to the suspension mount points and way too tall lift blocks.

You will want to do a solid axle conversion, or if you have the money, a long travel suspension from here: http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/13/3/

note that kit doesn't include shocks/springs or bump stops, those are purchased separately.

Second, make sure you don't go over the GVWR with all of this stuff. You may also want to consider bolting a roots blower or other power adder to the motor or doing a 5.4L swap.

One last addition would be a trail welder and a tool box for spare parts. Our trucks are too big to squeeze into tight trails like jeeps or tube buggies, but they make excellent expedition / support vehicles.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Rammer Jammer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

for winch bumpers look at iron bull I believe they make winch capable front and rear bumpers, you would also want to look into tough country, ranch hand, road armor, trail boss, top gun, reunel, buckstop, they all make a solid bumper. I have a tough country and it is a lot more solid than the top guns and the ranch hand bumpers
Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
thread jacker!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ranch hand FTW!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigIrish
First, if you want an "off road monster," forget the standard 6" kits by Fabtech and the like which are basically body lifts relocated to the suspension mount points and way too tall lift blocks.

You will want to do a solid axle conversion, or if you have the money, a long travel suspension from here: http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/13/3/

note that kit doesn't include shocks/springs or bump stops, those are purchased separately.

Second, make sure you don't go over the GVWR with all of this stuff. You may also want to consider bolting a roots blower or other power adder to the motor or doing a 5.4L swap.

One last addition would be a trail welder and a tool box for spare parts. Our trucks are too big to squeeze into tight trails like jeeps or tube buggies, but they make excellent expedition / support vehicles.
What exactly do You mean by expedition/support?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 PM
6" fabtech+ 3" leveling

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

for the winch, i would suggest a "tuffstuff" 12,500 lbs winch! they are on ebay for about 350 shipped, thats what i bought for my 07 super crew, and it hasnt missed a beat, comes with a 3 year warrenty, i had a solenoid go out and emailed them about it and they said perform a quick test i did and told them the out come, which meant a solenoid went out and they sent me two new ones, so i have an extra one if another goes out!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:47 PM
F150 Manic

Received 112 Likes on 111 Posts

If you want a monster I wouldn't go bigger than 35's cause any bigger and some hardcore running is gonna break the IFS. I got a pic of one of the things on your to do list
Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Aerospace Engineer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 20104x4xlt5.4
What exactly do You mean by expedition/support?
An off-road vehicle for more open areas with tools and equipment for recovering and repairing trail vehicles in the field or longer duration, possibly overnight off road trips. They are bigger and heavier than a buggy / jeep, but typically have a full set of hand tools, on board air, on board welder, and lots of spare parts on a well equipped vehicle (support) or have enough supplies and space for camping equipment for longer trips (expedition). You can't climb a shear rock wall with one of these, but you will be more comfortable and or have the ability to rebuild damn near anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Offroad Front & Rear Winch Bumpers