Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Off Road Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Light Bar

Hi, I just recently got my first F150, got a 1998 off road, (nothin special, she's used but has less than 200,000 on her and I did some redoing of her front end (only body) and am wanting to add some off road lights to the make up of the vehicle, I'm hoping not to have to drill holes anywhere, what I am looking for is ideas on how to do this, I was wondering if I put 4-6 100 pound magnets on an aluminum piece of square tubing, and mounted 4 of the lights on to here, if that'd be strong enough for highway driving? I don't have the room rack (not sure why the previous owner didn't get them), I would rather not drill into the cap or cab for that matter either. Thanks for your ideas.

-Jeremy
(just some eye candy)
After I tore off the old fog lights, rearranged the bumper and tore off the guard on the front

After I put the new front ends on, had new foggers, put the new mirror on, got new tires, ect.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure about the magnet idea. Wouldnt want them falling off after hitting a bump or something. You will probably have to drill a hole or two. There are a few good places to do that with your truck just how it is. what i did was mount my lights behind the grille, theres a perfect plastic bar that runs along the bottom of the grille that is perfect for mounting lights on. Didnt take too long either.

hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Off Road Light Bar