Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Off Road Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Fender Flares

Looking for ideas for a more aggressive looking fender flare. Have a 2008 FX4 with an Iron Cross bumper. I know I will probably have to modify the fender flares to get the perfect look. Any ideas on a brand and modification to fit my aftermarket Iron Cross bumper? Thanks for the help and ideas!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

I have a FiberwerX fender.

Not sure if it will blend in with an Iron Cross bumper though.

I have it on my personal truck...

Old 11-29-2016, 03:21 PM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RaiderFX4
Looking for ideas for a more aggressive looking fender flare. Have a 2008 FX4 with an Iron Cross bumper. I know I will probably have to modify the fender flares to get the perfect look. Any ideas on a brand and modification to fit my aftermarket Iron Cross bumper? Thanks for the help and ideas!
I'm looking for the exact same thing. Your bumper and mine both replace that plastic piece above the stock bumper. That limits our fender flare since all of them are designed to roll over that. I was thinking that bushwackers may work, but its a shoe in that you would have to cut them right at the bumper, and then you would have to worry about road debris getting up into the gap and that would be a recipe for a rust nightmare. There has to be someone out there that has put either an iron cross, or a fab fours, or a road armor bumper on their truck and then added fender flares. The alternative is buying new fenders from someone like fiberwerx which cost about $500, and then paying a shop to paint them. My body shop told me to expect at least $1500 of painting because he'd have to paint the hood, fenders, and blend the doors.