Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Not happy with lift!!!

Old 09-21-2013, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not happy with lift!!!

Back in June had a 6 inch Rough Country Lift installed by a shop on my 2010. I hate IT!! Looks bad *** but thats all.
It makes lots of noise and popping when turning or breaking hard. I took it back to the shop and they torqued everything again. I just drove it 2000 miles to Florida and back and did fine doing 80 on I95 no noise or vibrations just when turning or breaking hard it sounds like something is coming out. Anyone else have this or know what to look for. I did remove the front sway-bar thinking it was the sway-bar end links, but it still did it with the bar off.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:19 PM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I didn't like my RCX 5" lift on my 03. It took a few months before I got the noises away. With everything tight it made a creaking noise so one day I greased the torsion bar drop down and it went away. I know you don't have the same set up but it's just a cheap design and there's not much you can do about it.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the rcx 6" on my 06 f150 and have not had any problems with it. No popping noise or creaking.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the ball joints over tightened? Some shops don't follow the torque specs....its a place to start. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not happy with lift!!!