Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

No Oil Message during first Off Road Run Today

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Oil Message during first Off Road Run Today

So today I went off roading in my brand new 2013 F-150 FX4, stock for right now. I was doing pretty good, mostly just hitting some mud puddles until I get some mods installed.

I was going through a decently deep bog/puddle and I went through 3 times successfully. The fourth time I kinda got stuck on the incline at the end of it. My truck's screen showed a wrench picture and said there was NO OIL in the truck. When I pressed the accelerator I didn't get anything, no response, the engine might have shut down. I took the keys out, and then restarted it back up. No lights or anything and I pulled out of the bog with ease. The entire time I was in 4x4L.

Anyone know what happened? I don't know much about trucks, is there anything that I should look at? The status screen says my oil life is at 96% and is in the green.

Thanks for the help in advance. First post
Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

To start, the dash will say no oil pressure, not no oil in the truck. What happened was the truck just stalled, thus the no oil pressure message.

Since the wrench cleared when you restarted the truck, you should be fine.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your input. I actually thought that stalling was an option as well, but what caused this? Just the simple fact that I got stuck for a second?

Quick Reply: No Oil Message during first Off Road Run Today