Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

No drive to the HUBS on my '01 f150 4x4

Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No drive to the HUBS on my '01 f150 4x4

Whats up blue oval offroad experts and enthusiasts. I have a serious problem with my '01 f150 sport 4x4. I have replaced the clutch and the two solenoids for engaging the hubs 9H465( vaccum valves), and i still have no consistent drive to the Hubs.The transmission and transfer case are operating properly as the drive shafts are turning appropriately for forward ,(all gears) and reverse as well as 4WD and 2WD. But the truck will not drive. Sometimes it engages and moves a little but it pops loose. If the vehichle is raised and the tires are not touching the ground, the wheels turn fine at least the rear axle does, i have not checked all 4 in this way. My dash lights only show "LOW RANGE" when 4Wlow range is selected. I am running out of time and money and hope someone has insight to this. My next part to throw at it will be the differential actuators, and then replace the AUTOHUBS. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I had a problem with mine before, first it was something with the vaccum system and then I think they said the shift fork was bad. This was a few years ago I can't remember everything they did.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 01_Overlander_FTWTX
Whats up blue oval offroad experts and enthusiasts. I have a serious problem with my '01 f150 sport 4x4. I have replaced the clutch and the two solenoids for engaging the hubs 9H465( vaccum valves), and i still have no consistent drive to the Hubs.The transmission and transfer case are operating properly as the drive shafts are turning appropriately for forward ,(all gears) and reverse as well as 4WD and 2WD. But the truck will not drive. Sometimes it engages and moves a little but it pops loose. If the vehichle is raised and the tires are not touching the ground, the wheels turn fine at least the rear axle does, i have not checked all 4 in this way. My dash lights only show "LOW RANGE" when 4Wlow range is selected. I am running out of time and money and hope someone has insight to this. My next part to throw at it will be the differential actuators, and then replace the AUTOHUBS. PLEASE HELP!!!
You're saying your REAR axles are NOT turning AS WELL as the fronts?
If so, when the truck is in the air and the rear wheels are 'turning', do they spin as quickly as you would expect them to when in gear?
If not, and what I'm gonna ask is DANGEROUS so I'm not suggesting you do it, but when they're spinning in the air, have you ever tried to STOP them from spinning? Reason I ask is with no drag-the ground, rear wheels CAN even spin a LITTLE BIT in neutral.
And you're SURE the T-case isn't somehow in neutral(the drive shaft(s) coming out of it wouldn't be turning with any 'force' if this were the case.
If your drive-shaft is turning normally, but the axles are NOT turning, you've either got a SERIOUS problem with your differential, or a disconnect in the axle/hub area on your drive-side. What kind of rear-end is on that thing? Peg-leg, limited slip, aftermarket locker...?
The only thing that connects the front and rear ends is the transfer case. You put it in neutral and nothing moves. BECAUSE you're not getting any drive at EITHER end, obviously you want to look for something that's common to both. IF the drive-shaft is at least spinning to the rear dif however, but neither wheel is getting any drive, the problem with the rear end is inside the dif most likely, but could be an axle/hub problem or even posi-clutches, depending on what kind of rear end you have. Either way, you'd wanna start by opening up the dif, then going from there depending on what you see.

Last edited by yokev; 01-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SICKS NINE (01-22-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No drive to the HUBS on my '01 f150 4x4