Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Need Shock Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Shock Advice

I currently have an 05 f150 FX4 with a 6 inch pro comp lift. I bought the truck like this and i am looking to replace the shocks b/c i was recently told it still had the factory shocks and that switching them to a bilstein would give me a better ride, and be more reliable off road. I have a couple questions? First off i was told that the pro comp lift with the spacers in the front is not very reliable, i needed to know how to determine the appropriate shocks to use for the front aswell as a recommended coil spring to totally eliminate those front spacers on both sides. I was also wondering how to determine the appropriate shock for the rear of the truck to accomidate the lift that is currently on it? I would appreciate any suggestions or answers to these questions.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:49 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have a 6 inch lift, i doubt very much you have factory shocks on there. normally an after market shock will have some type of stickers or markings on them.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea I am with big cube on this one. I dont see how you could possibly be driving around with your stock shocks on and a 6 inch lift. Your ride quality must be pretty awful. Have you taken your truck offfroad? I have trouble imagining how the procomp kit did not come with lift shocks. I think the guy you were talking to was saying that you could upgrade the stock procomp shocks and get some bilstiens which are top of the line.

Quick Reply: Need Shock Advice