Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Need Off Road Tire Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Off Road Tire Suggestions

I don't know anything about tires, but I can tell the tread on mine is wearing thin. I'd also like to get something better for off-road use than what came on my truck when I bought it. (I do some hunting, so something that can get me a better grip in the dirt would be an improvement)

At the same time, I've noticed off-road tires can be real noisy when driven on the road, so I don't want something that makes my truck sound like an airplane is going down the street. Is there an in-between?

Any recommendations? Btw, what I have now is BF Goodrich P275 / 65R18 tires that came stock on my 2007 F150.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

BFG A/T's are always a favorite. you could probably fit some 285s on there, with a little torsion crank.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM

BFG's are always a good choice, then again you could go with some Terra-Grapplers, or even some General Grabber AT2's. Its up to you man.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by LSU Fan
I don't know anything about tires, but I can tell the tread on mine is wearing thin. I'd also like to get something better for off-road use than what came on my truck when I bought it. (I do some hunting, so something that can get me a better grip in the dirt would be an improvement)

At the same time, I've noticed off-road tires can be real noisy when driven on the road, so I don't want something that makes my truck sound like an airplane is going down the street. Is there an in-between?

Any recommendations? Btw, what I have now is BF Goodrich P275 / 65R18 tires that came stock on my 2007 F150.
If your truck is a 4x4 you can run a 285x65x18 (33") if you level it you can run a 305x65x18 (34") both on the stock wheel's. BFG make's both these sizes, they are pricey and ride a little rougher then stock tires but will last 60k miles or more easy. And Geaux Tiger's!!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Jimbooo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the KM2 BFG's and those are a real good offroad tire. Noisy though. I just switched to BFG A/T's and they're really nice to. I would go with them. Or the nitto terra grapplers are really good to. Ran those on my moms car and they grip up real nice.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I will look into these with my local dealer.

Quick Reply: Need Off Road Tire Suggestions