Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Need help with upper control arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with upper control arm

I was hoping someone could help me out with this problem! I had a 5.5 performance accessories body lift put on my 2007 F150 about a year ago to include a coil spacer, and just recently put a Readylift 3 inch strut extension on the front to achieve more lift. I now notice that the upper control arm just barely rests on the coil and I can hear a minimal amount of rubbing. I'm looking for any type of solution or will this problem be ok to just let it be and just put some grease in between the control arm and the coil?. Thank You in advance for any help!!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:32 AM
thread jacker!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they dont make a 5.5" body lift. that may be your first problem haha

about the coil and control arm i have never heard of that problem before
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Squishy Heads

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have to much stuff going on in the front end. Your front suspension is now bottoming out on your coils. Terrible set up honestly, the only way to fix it is to take all that crap off and get a proper lift, or get some long travel arms.

Also NO ONE makes a 5.5in body lift. 3 is the max from PA.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 PM
thread jacker!

i think 3 is the max from everyone.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Jimbooo

Man.... I don't want to rag on you but you have to get that stuff off and do a proper set up. I only say this to help you in regards to having your truck last. Right now I'm guessing you're maxing out all the angles to their brink.

Last edited by lvhonda55; 03-25-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Squishy Heads

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup^

Everything is maxed.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM

Default blonde moment

Sorry for the confusion everyone my information was incorrect. I have the premium body lift system from performance accessories and put what said to be 3 inch readylift leveling kit on the front which really only turned out to be like 2 inches. I have a slanted driveway and went out for a bit and checked things again on level ground. I have about 1 inch clearance on the driverside and about 1/4 inch on the passenger side. But do have some touching when I turn the wheels all the way. Sorry everyone, blonde moment on my part!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by mdbrooks
Sorry for the confusion everyone my information was incorrect. I have the premium body lift system from performance accessories and put what said to be 3 inch readylift leveling kit on the front which really only turned out to be like 2 inches. I have a slanted driveway and went out for a bit and checked things again on level ground. I have about 1 inch clearance on the driverside and about 1/4 inch on the passenger side. But do have some touching when I turn the wheels all the way. Sorry everyone, blonde moment on my part!
Everybody doesn't realize that there is such thing as SUSPENSION GEOMETRY. When you modify one thing on your suspension, everything else gets affected as well, for example your camber and caster. When you modify the suspension that much on stock components and don't take proper geometry into account, things like that will happen.

Quick Reply: Need help with upper control arm