Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Mudding

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudding

im from Memphis,TN but i recently moved to Lincoln, NE and everyone calls me a redneck because i want a F150 with a 9inch lift and 40inch tires, but i dont know the point of getting that stuff if i cant go mudding. I havent seen many big trucks up here,and none of them had mud on them. I have heard that people dont go mudding up here because of all the sand in the mud and it will mes sup your truck, but if anyone on here is from the mid-west i would love to know of a good place to go mudding.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well every area does it own thing, like out west arizona area its sand dunes and desert racing, then theres places known for rock crawling, around here there are not many trails so every friday in the summer theres a place called "TRUCK NIGHT" where all the hillbillies come out with their mudders and tractor tires and tear up the mud pits, tug-o-war, etc, the place charges to get in the gate and charges more if you want to particpate, they make an absolute killing off us, but its the only "legal" place to go, so i would find out what type of off roading everyone does in your area and maybe join in
Old 01-21-2010, 11:13 PM

what year is the f150?

if it is a late model 9 inches and 40's would look terrible. just my opinion though.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want a F150 with 9" of lift and 40" tires go for it..

But if your not going to use it offroading for it's purpose.. why waste the money?

In Arizona there's tons of trucks with 6" - 8" lifts and 35" - 38" tires.. Lot's of Diesels.. and most of them don't even go offroad.. Maybe a dirt road for hunting.

When it rains here, it creates lot's of mud! Which it's pooring now, so Sunday it's muddin' time!

We have a place that holds mud boggin' and sand drags and such.. pretty cool please.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Southern illinois here ... we dont have off roading here..haha we just have mudding...and mudding and mudding.... rednecks times 50... ive mudded every vehical ive ever own... cars trucks vans...haha you would be surprised
Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM

I was going to get a 2007 because a buddy of mine had the same thing in memphis and it was really nice.
We had some of the biggest rednecks in Memphis, but we also had some of the biggest gangs. I just want to be able to be a redneck in the midwest if that's possible.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yea where im at is a small town, out in the country and all the surrounding towns for like the next 50 miles north of where i live are all country, but where i go to school 30 mins south of my place, is dead in the city, drive 3 mins in any direction and your in the ghetto
Old 01-22-2010, 01:47 PM

haha yeah, nebraska is better then memphrica because there in no ghetto here,and the people call it "ghetto" but they have no idea.
I have been talking to people and they say then only place to go is the PLatt river bottoms and it is a sad bottom river unlike in memphis where it is rock bottom. I just dont want to get this truck for my birthday and end up screwing it up bad because of all the sand. Im hoping i can go to my farm or lake house in Iowa and find stuff up there, becaue in the summer i see huge trucks up there. That will be like every other weeekend though, i just want to be able to show the peop,le of lincoln what actual mudding is because they have no idea.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

haha alot of people needs to be showed whats up.... i mud race and every race theres a guy or 5 that comes and thinks hes a bad mama jama.... and then he gets his butt handed to him buy a 600horse truck.... haha its always funny...
Old 01-22-2010, 04:47 PM

haha nack in memphis i got a buddy whose dad tricked out a blazer with 45 inch tires, i dont know how big of a lift, but he has something like 720 horses. that thing is amazing. all my buddies have lifts and tires. im like the youngest so i have to ride fourwheelers, which inst bad, but i cant wait to get my truck. People here think mudding is driving through a corn field and gettting mudd on your tires, but not where i come from.

Quick Reply: Mudding