Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Mud flaps to protect fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Mud flaps to protect fog lamps

This is my first post and a search did not turn up any results on this topic.

I just bought a new 2013 XLT super crew 4x4 with ecoboost. I do not have the off road package. Most of my off road will be on ranches and will be muddy and gravelly.

I am concerned about breaking the fog lamps out because they don't have any protection from mud or rocks hitting them from behind as it is slung off the tires. This has happened on other trucks.

Are flaps supposed to be there? Do you know of a source for aftermarket flaps or will a skid plate provide any protection?

I also plan to do something to protect the intercooler from grass seeds and other debris.

Any suggestions for rocker panel protection? I'd like a solid color silver stripe.

Last edited by TexasEd; 01-02-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

1).There is a lot stores on the internet for fog light protectors from a plastic insert, film that goes over the fog light, it is your choice on what you want exactly.

2.) I use patio screen in front of my radiator and ac condenser to keep debris getting in between the coils of the radiator and ac condenser. I do not have an intercooler but that what I use.

Quick Reply: Mud flaps to protect fog lamps