Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Monstaliner Inside/Lower Doors

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monstaliner Inside/Lower Doors

Has anyone used Monstaliner, or any other diy liner, on the inside or on the lower part of the outside like on the doors? I'm thinking about ripping out my carpet and doing it. And doing the outside as well. (the tan part on the picture below)

Any suggestions/advice would be great. Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 PM

i havent done it yet but i want to soon cover up the gold on my truck too
but i wouldnt do the inside imo
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Foxhound_22
i havent done it yet but i want to soon cover up the gold on my truck too
but i wouldnt do the inside imo
Yeah I'm tired of the tan, it doesn't go with anything. And why not do the inside? I mean, I don't know what all is under my carpet but I figure nothing more than the rear floor AC and the wires to my power driver seat.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
thread jacker!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you do the floor the carpet and sound deadener will have to come out. it will be super loud ridin down the road. but if you want, do it. ive definitely thought it through before. and the tan would look good blacked out. look into rustoleum bedliner spray at walmart. i did my bumpers and the stuffs legit
Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Skl_Raptr
if you do the floor the carpet and sound deadener will have to come out. it will be super loud ridin down the road. but if you want, do it. ive definitely thought it through before. and the tan would look good blacked out. look into rustoleum bedliner spray at walmart. i did my bumpers and the stuffs legit
Oh yeah, good point, it would be noisy. And ok, I'll go to walmart tomorrow and get some. Thanks! How many cans would I need to do my bumpers and rocker panels?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I did my sub boxes in the rustoleum bed liner and all it is is glorified expensive spray paint. I'm doing the lower part of my truck in herculiner. I've seen a few that are done with it and it looks great, plus the herculiner is quite a bit thicker and cures hard. The rustoleum will scratch off. Your truck is too nice to cheap out on the bed liner you use. Spend the $100 and get a tough bed liner to put on there.

I used one can of rustoleum to do 3 coats each on my 12x16x7 sub boxes under my rear seat and it didn't even fill in the counter-sunk drywall screws It looks more like flat black paint with a crappy finish.

Last edited by Austin97; 04-27-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:51 PM

Well in that case. Looks like I'm gonna use the Herculiner. Lol you know where I can get some? Autozone?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 PM

I haven't used it yet so you might want to look around at the other brands and see what you think about them, I got a deal on the herculiner is the only reason I'm using it.

I just know that my experience with the rustoleum is that I would use it on like a light bar or something to give it a nice texture, but not on the sides of my truck. It just wasn't what I'm looking for. If your truck will never hit the woods or a trail it would probably work fine, it does look good when it dries, but my truck isn't real nice like yours is, I plan on putting this herculiner to the test. I know the spray can stuff wouldn't stand up to sticks and bushes scraping against it.

I dunno, gotta see what raptr says, I just can't see it being durable enough to be down where rocks and mud is going to get kicked up. I let it dry for 3 days and it still scratched off my boxes just by rubbing the seat bracket when I put them in my truck.

Last edited by Austin97; 04-27-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 PM

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you though, it needs to be functional. I need something that isn't going to chip if I offroad it. I was also looking at Monstaliner but idk if I wanna pay $238 for the kit. I read some reviews and it said that it is the same or even better than Herculiner but I can get a gallon of Herculiner for $89 at O'Reilly's. (I just looked online). So idk if the Monstaliner is worth the extra $150. Is the Herculiner good? The only thing I've heard is that the Herculiner is a lot more rough of a texture than Monstaliner.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 PM

Like I said I haven't used it yet but I read quite a bit about them all before I got the herculiner. To me if I was gonna pay for the monstaliner I was going to just get rhino to do it. It's only a couple hundred more at that point. For the under $100 I figured the herc would be worth a try, a lot of people have had good results with it. I thought about getting one of the kits off ebay, theres one called raptor something or other and hippo liner. I couldn't see where anyone liked them better than the herculiner and they were like $50 more. See my truck is an old turd I'm fixing up so it's not as big a deal for me. If I had a nice newer truck I'd go to linex and rhino and get quotes first honestly, I can't see it being more than like $400, I think they do beds for around that right?

Quick Reply: Monstaliner Inside/Lower Doors