Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Mid Travel set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:55 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Wink Mid Travel set up

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and just wanted to let you guys follow my build as it progresses. I purchased a 2010 f150 a couple months back and have a little bit of extra cash to start making my truck into a nice DD. I just purchased a brenthal 4 inch spindle from Jordan at brenthal industries. Top of the line customer service and very helpful guy. (Highly recommend this company) I got my name of the next batch of spindles being made so hopefully they will be here in a couple of weeks. I also purchased king coilovers (no res) and camburg upper control arms as well. I'm more than excited to see how this kit performs along with the spindles. Stay tuned and ill be posting pics as parts arrive. ~Trevor
Old 09-14-2013, 09:10 PM

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice I look forward to seeing your build. Is this going to make your truck a few inches wider in the front? Any plans for the rear suspension?

I am running %100 Bernthel on my truck front and rear long travel and I must say I am very glad I went with them as well.
The following users liked this post:
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM

No it's going to keep my stock track width but just give it enough for a bit of desert play and enough for a sexy daily driver. Later on down the road after the warrantee is off it I wanna go full long travel front and rear but only time will tell on that. Buying my 35's tomorrow and ill start posting pics for the thread. It will be a nice little set up for the front. Debating if I should drop my truck off at RPGS to have them do my rear suspension. I'm planning on deavers and I'm going to see if the raptor bypass shocks will mount up on the 2010 f150s. I've heard nOthing but good things about that setup.
okgearhead (11-26-2013)
Old 09-21-2013, 01:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsmith237
No it's going to keep my stock track width but just give it enough for a bit of desert play and enough for a sexy daily driver. Later on down the road after the warrantee is off it I wanna go full long travel front and rear but only time will tell on that. Buying my 35's tomorrow and ill start posting pics for the thread. It will be a nice little set up for the front. Debating if I should drop my truck off at RPGS to have them do my rear suspension. I'm planning on deavers and I'm going to see if the raptor bypass shocks will mount up on the 2010 f150s. I've heard nOthing but good things about that setup.
RPG use National Springs... which I hear are great (I have a Deaver pack myself). I'm running OEM Raptor rear shocks on my FX4 and feel it's a huge improvement over stock, especially when you off-road. What size coilovers are you going to be running with your Brenthel Spindle?
Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1ntheoc
RPG use National Springs... which I hear are great (I have a Deaver pack myself). I'm running OEM Raptor rear shocks on my FX4 and feel it's a huge improvement over stock, especially when you off-road. What size coilovers are you going to be running with your Brenthel Spindle?
That's what I've been hearing but I would want to run a cantilever system on my truck for my rear set up. Possibly with RPGs national leaf system. I have a guy here in town who builds killer cantilever setups. As for which coilover I am going to be running, I ordered king oem replacement coilovers with camburg upper control arms from " filthymotorsports.com. My spindles shipped on Friday and the rest of my parts are supposed to ship early to mid next week. I Already got lucky on scoring 4 brand new 35' general grabber at2's off of Craigslist for 700 bucks. So as soon as the parts arrive you should watch out for pictures. It will be a nice little build that I haven't seen on the forum yet.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds really nice. Does the spindle add any lift or is it primarily for strength? Are you in SoCal?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 1ntheoc
Sounds really nice. Does the spindle add any lift or is it primarily for strength? Are you in SoCal?
Yes the spindle adds extra strength and also 4 inches of lift, then the coilovers will also add 1-3 inches depending on how much preload you set on them. Contact brenthal industries if you'd like to purchase them. They're 1032$ shipped inside 'Merica. I'm located in Las Vegas Nevada
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 PM

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Mid Travel set up-image.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Here are the upper control arms from camburg
Attached Thumbnails Mid Travel set up-image.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM

And so it begins